Chapter 6: Victoria Secret

Sara and I are in the cafe close by the pack house. It was almost three in the afternoon, so it wasn't as packed as usual. We are seated by the window, so you see outside, where there are people walking, driving, socializing. This pack is very peaceful the more I think about it. The crime rate it really low here, everyone seems to follow the Alpha's, my mate's rules. I guess I can say people find my mate kind of intimidating. Hell, when I first met him, I found him so intimidating I actually had the nerve to run away from him in fear. It wasn't the smartest idea, but it felt like it in the moment.

___

One Year Ago:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LEXA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!" Everyone in the room, meaning Sara, Damon, Kevin, and my parents yelled out singing in very weird sounding pitches. I sit in a seat at the dining table, where the cake sits with candles lit. "18" is what the candles read. I look around to see all these people I know and love, smiling my ass off. I was wearing my simple jeans and a T-Shirt and some Nikes. I had just came home from a very important Doctor's Appointment, to see a cake waiting for me with the people I love.

I blow out my candles and everyone cheers for me.

"Maybe you'll find your lucky man this year.." Sara said wiggling her eyebrows at me. I just shook my head laughing at her.

"Oh please. It's been two years and I haven't found him yet. What makes you think I'll find him this year?" Sara only shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know what it is, but I have a real good feeling about it." I only wave her off, taking a bite of the cake my mom kindly cut for us.

I've always wondered what it would be like to have a mate of my own. Sara met Damon at school two years ago, and may I say that's a story for another day. And its not like I've been jealous or anything, but sometimes I do wish that I had something like Sara and Damon. That I can have a mate to love and care for the rest of my life, and he could do the same.

I get brought out of my thoughts by Sara speaking.

"Okay Lexa, I'm taking you to the mall. No questions asked." I look up at my crazy best friend. This is why I love her. I let out a giggle and wave to say goodbye to everyone.

"Bye you guys! I love y'all!"

*
"Sara, dont you think you got me enough stuff already?" Sara looks over at me, struggling to carry the ten bags I'm holding.

"Nope. We need to go to one more place Lexa." I roll my eyes as she drags me across the mall.

"And where's that?" She doesn't say anything, but leads me to the one store I never go to.

❤Victoria Secret❤

I start to stumble as we get closer to the store. I never go to that store. Every time I step into that store, I get uncomfortable and walk out. Besides, I don't have the guts to wear that stuff anyway.

"Wa-ait.... Do we h-have to go in there?" She smirks at me as we go to the lingerie section. I widen my eyes even more when I see lots of thongs on display.

"Yes we do boo. You're 18 and you need to grow up already. When you find you're mate, you're gonna have to have sexy lingerie for him." I widen my eyes even more. I having thought of that. Then Sara grabs the bags from my hand and starts walking away.

"Imma put these on the car, You go and find some sexy underwear." I roll my eyes as she walks away. How am I gonna do this?

5 minutes later

I think my choice of underwear is good. Well kind of. I picked a few sexy bras, but then I just grabbed a bunch of boyshorts. When Sara comes back to see what I got, she rolls her eyes and takes the boyshorts away from me.