4.

"What's the plan Shiro?" Keith asked as they flew out of the castle meeting everyone in space.

"Defend the castle until the princess can open a worm hole, we aren't prepared to take him out yet," Shiro told him.

"So do we attack or distract?" Lance piped up.

"Distract," Shiro nodded as zarkons ship came into view.

"I'll try to have a worm hole before the battle is intense," Allura said as her face popped up on a holoscreen in the lions.

"Alright, let's try making this quick then, shiro's right I don't think we'd be able to take on zarkon yet," Keith nodded.

"Yea I don't really want to either," hunk whined.

"Agreed," Lance groaned.

"Will you two stop whining?" Pidge rolled her eyes.

"Lets go team," Shiro told them and they took off at zarkons ship and started blasting at it hoping for the battle ship to slow down.

"Keith look out!" Lance yelled as he saw a lazer being powered up and aimed at the red lion. Keith narrowed his eyes and blasted fire and lava at the lazer canon destroying it.

"Thanks Lance," Keith nodded.

"Any time Samari," Lance smirked.

"I swear to god if Keith pulls the boyfriend card I'm going to dive out of green and into the depths of space," Pidge scoffed sarcastically.

"Oh please make my day and to the white girl card," Lance pleaded and Keith looked confused.

"What?" He asked confused. Lance was about to answer but was sharply cut off as a lazer hit the blue lion. Hard.

"Lance!" They all screamed as the blue lion was now powered down and unresponsive.

"Lance? Lance answer dammit," Keith snapped.

"Lance it's Shiro, are you there bud? Are you okay?" Shiro said sternly yet worriedly.

"Keith your closest and fastest, go to Lance and see if he's still there," Shiro growled frustratedly.

"He's not dead," Keith growled under his breath.

"He can't be..." Keith said barely above the whisper and no one heard over the explosions of the battle as the other lions went to defend the castle. Keith raced to blue as fast as he could and stopped quickly and put red on auto pilot so he could jump out and onto blue.

"Lance?! Lance!" Keith yelled as he ran into the cockpit of the lion and saw Lance slumped down in his seat unconscious. Keith ripped off his helmet as he ran to Lance and saw the back of his hemet cracked as the corner of his helmets eye glass cracked as well and chipped.

"Lance please wake up," Keith dropped his helmet on the ground as he gently took off lances and saw blood dripping from the back of his head down his neck as well as a cut across his eye brow as the blood ran on the side of his face.

"Lance, you better not be dead, I swear to god," Keith said sternly and he reached up touching the side of lances neck and felt a pulse.

"Thank god, I can't loose you lance," Keith held the side of his face wiping the blood away a little and Lance groaned leaning into Keiths hand a little.

"Lance? Lance are you okay?" Keith asked more frantically.

"God my head hurts," Lance mumbled opening his eyes a little but he smiled when he saw it was Keith.

"Hey," he smiled gently and Keith laughed a little kissing lances forehead thankfully.

"Hi," Keith smiled.

"Was I..?" Lance asked sitting up a little and Keith helped him sit up right.

"No I don't think so, either way your still here," Keith told him and Lance nodded.

They heard buzzed muffly voices from the red helmet on the ground but lances was silent.

"It's probably broken from the hit," Keith sighed grabbing his helmet but before he could put it on Lance grabbed Keith and slowly led him down to make contact with his lips and Keith melted against his lips put pulled away before they could go any further.

"We're in battle," Keith giggled and put on the helmet as Lance pouted.

"Lance is still here Shiro, we're all good," Keith said as he stood straight.

"That's great Keith but move now! Another blast is aimed at you two!" Shiro yelled but it was to late. A blast was coming it's way the blue and red Paladins and Keith quickly grabbed lances hand in fear.

The blast hit but it didn't destroy them... It was bringing the blue lion closer to the ship.

"Blue..? Blue come on girl wake up! We need to get out of here!" Lance started trying to start up blue with one hand as he didn't dare to let go of Keiths hand.

"Lance!?" Keith looked back at him as they basically where there.

"Blue come on!" Lance raised his voice.

Then it went black