11.

Keith and the team stood outside of a healing pod as Lance was once again inside. Pidge stood next to Keith who stood closest to the pod and Shiro put a arm around Keiths waist holding him close in an embrace.

"It's my fault," Keith whispered.

"I should've seen it coming," he closed his eyes and Shiro rubbed his upper arm comfortingly letting Keith lean against his chest.

"It's not your fault Keith," Shiro told him.

"You don't understand... You don't understand that we made a plan before it and if we didn't have a rescue before Lance was going to fucking sacrifice himself but when I saw Pidge flying to us I thought, I-I thought we'd both make it," Keith broke the grip around his waist turning to everyone standing in front of lances pod.

"Keith, I understand," Pidge put a hand on his arm and Keith looked at her. He looked into her eyes and she gave him a pleading look.

"You need rest man, come on," Pidge led him away as hunk stayed with his best friend.

"I know Keith," Pidge said as they walked through the hallways knowing they where far from the others.

"Know what?" Keith said quietly.

"Don't play that with me, I know about you and Lance," she stopped him and Keith looked at her with wide eyes.

"You probably think I'm a horrible person for cheating on Shiro," Keith hugged his torso.

"Actually no, but your doing a shit job hiding it, you act more distant from him which is probably making Shiro suspicious," Pidge sighed.

"I can't hurt him Pidge, but I'm just not happy with him," Keith bowed his head.

"Yea... Don't worry, your secrets safe with me, but you seriously need to be better, straighten things out with Shiro while Lance is healing and act like a boyfriend if you don't want to get caught," Pidge poked his chest and Keiths eyes where wide in surprise.

"Why are you helping me?" Keith asked.

"Look I'm no saint so if your going to be a liar, do it right," Pidge smirked.

"You... Are truly terrifying..." Keith looked at her.

"Yea so watch out ya lil nasty," Pidge winked and walked away as Keith got to his room and walked in.

Keith let out a deep breath as he sat on his bed swallowing a lump in his throat.

He looked at the ground as he felt silence surround him as he leaned against his knees.

"Shh Lance, we'll get caught," Keith giggled as he straddled lances lap as Lance was below him topless.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you from the big bad team," Lance laughed laying his head on the bed.

Keith tapped his foot against the ground, bouncing his leg a little as he had his hands clasped together.

"Come on Keith, tell me tell me tell me," Lance held Keith in his arms squeezing him in a playful hug.

"I'm not telling you!" Keith smiled mischievously as lances fingers tickled Keiths sides but Keith didn't move.

"Your ticklish and I know it! I swear I'll figure it out," Lance tickled Keiths ribs but moved his hands down Keiths rear and down to his thighs all the way to behind his knees making Keith jump.

"No way..." Lance looked back at Keith who was blushing furiously.

He felt tears sting his eyes as he stared at the ground letting the memories flow like a river.

"Galra or not I still love you Keith, your still you," Lance held the sides of Keiths arms making him stay but Keith kept his gaze away.

"Lance I'm a freak! How could you fucking love me?!" Keith yelled looking up at him with tears in his eyes.

"I've seen freaks, I've traveled the fucking universe and after all of it... I still know Keith, is Keith, even if you are a galra, I don't even care if you'd be a balmerian, I'd still love you," Lance held the side of Keiths face.

Tears traveled down Keiths face as he started rocking his body back and forth as he held the sides of his hair as he breathed deeply.

"So what if I made you watch all Disney movies with me?" Lance asked laying his head in Keiths lap as Keith was cleaning his blade.

"I'm not loosing my Disney virginity Lance, I refuse to watch Disney," Keith said flatly.

"Can I have that virginity too?" Lance smiled teasingly.

"Lance!" Keith gasped and Lance burst into a fit of giggles.

He sobbed into his knees curling up in a ball as tears raced down his pale cheeks.

Begging just to be comforted by Lance, to feel his safe warm touch, his sent to take him to a safe land that didn't smell like his room, just to look up and hear lances words telling him it's going to be okay.

"Keith!"

Keith saw Lance looking down at his stomach seeing a sword impaled and stuck out the back as blood was dripping down.

"No!" He screamed and ran to Lance as he fell to his knees holding his stomach but Keith caught him before he hit the ground.

Keith let out a muffled scream of rage and pain as he pressed his face into his pillow trying to let no one hear him break down.

He felt arms wrap around him and pulled Keith close and soft whispers telling him he's okay and that he's safe.

But it wasn't Lance.

"It's going to be okay Keith, your safe here, I promise," Shiro told him gently holding Keith close as he sobbed hysterically holding his head.

"He almost died, we almost lost Lance," Keith sobbed.

"He almost could never go home to earth, almost never gotten to get his parade and gloat about it, Lance almost never got to live his life," Keith sobbed loudly and Shiro kissed his head but Keith wished it wasn't him.

"He's going to be okay Keith," Shiro told him.

"Thank you Shiro," Keiths voice broke remembering what Pidge told him.

"Your welcome Keith," Shiro smiled feeling Keith relax in his arms.

"I love you," Lance nuzzled his nose in the crook of Keiths neck as he spooned him from behind with his bare chest pressed against Keiths bare back.

"Love you too Lance," Keith rolled over with a smile and kissed Lance gently as Lance smiled into the kiss.