12. would you like me to draw you a picture

"call it again

"call it again." scott said.

scott was looking for his phone in his bedroom, while skylar and stiles came over to try and help him find it.

"it's not here. so you lost your phone. why don't you just get a new one?" stiles asked him.

"this is the most normal conversation we've had in weeks." skylar said, as stiles nodded in agreement.

"i can't afford a new one. and i can't do this alone. we have to find derek." scott said, looking under his bed.

"well A you're not alone. you have us. and B didn't you say derek walked into gunfire? he sounds pretty dead." stiles said.

"he's not dead okay? i haven't seen his ghost yet, like i have with all the other dead people, which by the way is starting to scare the hell out of me cause i have no idea what i am." skylar said.

"we'll figure it out." stiles said, placing his hand on top of hers as she smiled at him.

"argents plan was to use him to get the alpha. they're not gonna kill him." scott said, turning around breaking stiles and skylar apart.

"all right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? they use derek to get peter, problem solved." stiles said, while scott threw clothes out of his bathroom.

"not if peters going after allison to find derek! i can't protect her on my own. which means we need to find derek first." scott said.

"i thought we needed to find your phone first." skylar said. 

"just... just help me!" scott said, hitting stiles in the head with a rubber ball.

"you know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. you remember that, when he was trying to kill you? after you interrupted him trying to kill jackson? are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" stiles said.

"he wasn't going to kill anyone. and i'm not letting him die." scott said.

"could you at least think about letting him die? for me?" stiles said, then skylar smacked his arm.

scott turned his head over to his window. "what?" stiles and skylar asked.

"my mom just got home from work." scott said.

stiles and skylar watched scott listening in on his moms phone call, then his face dropped.

"is she okay?" skylar asked, as scott shock his head.

"what's she doing?" stiles asked.

"crying." scott replied, hanging his head down as he sat on his bed next to skylar, while she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"scott, you can't protect everyone." stiles told him.

"i have to." scott replied.

-