CHAPTER 17

ill keep the key

2nd person POV
You and Joshua were currently in a small quite room at some random spot in the building. "What was it like?" Joshua said, holding a leathery black book and black pen. You shrugged. "Look I know it's hard to talk about, but, for your own sake, you need to talk to me about it ok?" You looked up at him, "fine."

He smiled "ok, so, what happened this time?" He asked quietly. You inhaled deeply, rubbed you hands together and sat them on your legs.

"It-its like, likeeee....walking up the stairs at night, when all the lights are off. When you run up the stairs so nothing will get you, even though you know nothings there," you took a breath and saw Joshua scribbling your words on the page.

You stared at him, and a few seconds later he looked up and nodded. "We run up the stairs to get away from the non-existent monster that we know isn't there." You stopped talking and Joshua looked up.

"And why exactly are your comparing your..." he didn't know what to call it so you helped out "melt downs?" He smiled "yes, uhm your meltdowns, why are you comparing them to going up the stairs?" You looked around the room as you listened to him talk. "Because, it's scary. I know none of it's happening, but I still let myself believe I have the need to be scared of the nothing that's not there."

He wrote furiously. "Is-" you both were startled by a knock at the door. "Uhm, h-hey its me uh mingyu. Everyone just wanted to make sure you were ok!" You looked at Joshua and stood up and opened the door.

"I'm fine you guys. I just got a little startled haha that's all!" You said cheerfully. You saw minghao, who was looking everywhere but at you. Your heart dropped. 'I bet he thinks I'm weird now.' You thought.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! You heard a female voice call. "Ohmygodimsohappythatyoureok!!!" Said areum. You laughed "I'm ok!!!" You said hugging her tightly. "The boys are out so tonight you and I are having a movie night!" You laughed and looked at all the others and Joshua. "Ok well you go to the dorm I'll be there in a sec I gotta-" You were cut off by areum "go talk to minghao? Of course!" She nudged you towards him, winked and walked away.

"Uh hey." You awkwardly said "hey. Are you ok?" He asked you smiled "yeah" he looked relieved "ok good be-" he was cut off by hoshi (I've literally made it to where everyone is getting interrupted by everyone wow) "uhm hey I know you and minghao are talking but I just wanted to see how you were and stuff." Hoshi said rubbing the back of his neck "oh um hehe I'm fine thank you!" You said bowing. He smiled at you and grabbed you hand. "You can talk to me, remember that, ok?" You nodded and he smiled and walked away with the others. Jun and wonwoo looked at each other and winked at you.

Minghao looked at you and smiled. "Lets go sit down somewhere." You nodded and started to walk with him. You decided to go to the Green practice room and sit down.

"So I actually have something to tell you." Minghao said looking over at you. You were looking around when your eyes met his.

"Uh yeah I'm what is it?" You asked him looking away. "Well a while ago, like a little after me and you became good friends, Joshua told me something about you, well more of you past but yeah. I just thought you should know that." He sounded very nervous. You sighed "what did he tell you?" You asked. "Well a lot of stuff like how you started hearing voices, and then josh did too, and how your parents left you with his." He wanted to cry. Right then and there, just start bawling his eyes out. He wanted to avoid the asylum.

"How long did it take to get to the asylum part?" You asked looking down. His eyes widened and then you wanted to cry. " not very long I guess." He said. Minghao layer his head on the glass mirror behind him and closed his eyes.

You looked over at him and grabbed his hand. He flinched, not expecting that, but you took that as a sign that you weren't wanted. You pulled you hand back slowly as tears started falling.

"I'm sorry." You said to him he opened his eyes "huh?" I'm sorry that I'm this way. I'm sorry that I was born this way. I'm sorry that you had to meet someone like me." You stood up and wiped your tears on your sleeve.

"W-wait what?" Minghao said looking at you as he stood up.

That's when you ran. You pushed open the doors and ran. You went through the halls, hearing Minghaos voice screaming your name for you to come back. You got to the main office where you just were a little while earlier. You ran through wiping your tears. You roughly pushed the doors open.

You heard minghao call after you "GO AWAY!" You yelled at him covering your ears, not stopping. When you finally stopped running you were at a little park. When you sat on one of the swings is when you became very aware of the rain that was getting heavier as it fell.

You breathed heavily, and rubbed your face with your hands. 'Why am I so dramatic?' You thought. You put your head back and let the rain hit your neck. Slowly you moved you feet and stared to swing.

Suddenly, you were just aware. Of everything. Then you started to laugh. Not one of those creepy weird psycho laughs, but a genuinely happy laugh.

It felt so good to just swing and be free. You probably looked like and idiot. But you didn't care right now. And then you heard the footsteps. They were ever so quiet and sounded like a small child walking. You turned around and saw minghao smiling behind you. He looked out of breath and tired. A second later he walked up to the swing next to you and sat down.

____________________

1056 wordssssd yessss I did it lol also I will have a special announcement chapter after this soooo yayyy. Also sorry for updating this so late at night lol