1

This story is going under editing, so if some chapters are past tense and others are present tense, that is why. So, please, don't comment asking me why.
Creak.....

I opened one eye as I heard my door opening. When I didn't see anything, I closed my eye and turned over.

Creak....

This time I opened both eyes and sat up....just in time to be splashed with ice cold water. My jaw dropped, and I lookes at the culprit. My older brother Nathan-I could tell from the bracelet he wears all the time-stood there with a bucket of water, smiling. "Morning, Sleeping Beauty," he said.

"You've got three seconds to run before I KILL YOU!" I yelled the last part, and Nathan dropped the bucket and ran. "NATHANIEL!!!"

I got out of my bed and ran after him. Nathan, being the athlete he tried to be, slid down the banister before jumping off at the end. I hurried down the stairs because of my clumsiness. At the last step, I tripped, but I didn't fall because my other brother, Kyle, caught me. "Where are you going in such a hurry? " he asked, steadying me. He made a face. "And why are you wet?"

"Where's Nathan?" I asked calmly.

"Basement, why?"

I went to shove him away, but his arm wrapped around my waist. "I'M GOING TO TEAR HIM TO PIECES! LET ME GO!"

Kyle shook his head. "I don't think so. What happened?"

I pointed to myself. "You see this? That idiot did this, and he's dead. D-E-A-D. DEAD!"

"Okay, spelling bee champ. I'll deal with him. Just go take a shower and get ready for school," Kyle laughed, clearly amused.

I glared. "This isn't funny, Kyle!"

He put on a sober face. "Okay, Braelyn," he said, letting go of me. I marched upstairs and grabbed some clean clothes. I walked into the hallway, and I bumped into a hard chest. Beacuse I didn't fall, I looked up.

My idiot brother's twin looked down at me. Nick laughed when he saw that I was wet. "What happened to you?"

"I'm surprised you didn't hear, seeing your brother did this to me," I said.

"He's your brother, too, Brae."

I walked away. "Don't remind me!" I called over my shoulder before walking into the bathroom and slamming the bathroom door.
××××××
A honk from outside made me grab my backpack, and I ran outside. Emma, one of my best friends, waited in her car. I hopped into her punchbuggy-aka Lois. She looked at me. "You PMS-ing or something because that glare looks permanent."

I looked at her as I fastened my seatbelt. "I'm fan-freaking-tastic, so I don't know what you're talking about."

She rolled her eyes. "It was something your brothers' did, isn't it?" she asked, pulling out of my driveway.

"Nathan decided to wake me up twenty minutes before I usually do pouring a whole bucket of cold water on me," I ranted. "Could he be a nice idiot by waking me up in a civilized way? Yes, he could've been, but did he? Nope. He ge-"

"Okay, I get it," Emma laughed. "At least he didn't put hair dye in your shampoo again."

"I still can't get some of the red out!" I exclaimed.

My best friend laughed, "You have to admit that was clever."

I threw my hands up. "Who's side are you on, Emma?" I asked.

She looked at me. "Yours, of course."

"Sounds like you're on Nathan's," I replied then turn on the radio.

"Oh, don't get your panties in a wad, Braelyn," she said then turned it over to CD.

"Stacey's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne started playing, and I looklooked at Emma. She glanced at me before grinning. Then, we both started singing our hearts out. This song was by far our favorite song. You have to admit it's a great song.

"You know I'm not the little boy I used to be. I'm all grown up, and baby, can't you see! Stacey's Mom has got going on. She's all I want, and I've waited for so long. Stacey can't you see you're not the girl for me..." We both sang the lyrics as loud as we can.

We pulled into the school's parking lot, and we got some weird looks from the people whom were hanging out outside. Emma pulled into her usual parking spot, where her boyfriend waited, and turned the car off. I rolled my eyes as I got out. Emma got out then locked the doors before wrapping her arms around Marcus.

I cringed as they kiss. "Gag me," I said.

Marcus pulled away and rolled his eyes at me. "Don't act like you've never kissed anyone before. I know it's been a while since Ja-"

Emma slapped his chest. "Don't say that demon's name!"

Jared Harmon. Wow, I hadn't heard that name in a while. Let me tell summarize the story. I dated Jared for about two years before he cheated on me with Wren Larson. Then, four months later he moved. That all happened near the end of my sophomore year.

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Well, I have homeroom with your boyfriend, so I better get going," I said.

Marcus laughed, "Tell Xavier I miss him already."

"I'll be there in a few," Emma said.

I fake saluted before going into the school. I made my way to homeroom and took my seat. Xavier walked in after me, and he grinned when he spotted me. He took his usual seat in front of me and turned around. "Good morning, Sunshine."

I rolled my eyes. "If it was only a good morning," I replied.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Don't even ask, Xavier. Oh, Marcus says he misses you," I replied, changing the subject.

Xavier puts a hand on his heart. "I thought he forgot about me," Xavier joked.

I laughed, and I spotted Emma. She joined us when her eyes landed on me. "Hey, Xavier," she greeted.

"Hey, how's my Prince Charming?" Xavier replied.

"He's great. Misses you, though," Emma played along.

"Who couldn't miss this?" Xavier said, pointing to himself.

I snortes. "Where should I start?" I asked. He gave me a flat look, and I smiles. "I'm just kidding. Why so serious?"

Xavier would've answered me, but Mr. Karmen walked in and ten minutes of sitting in silence and listening to announcements began.