42

I wake up the next morning face to feet with someone. I furrow my eyebrows and lean up just to find out it is Oliver's feet.  Someone chuckles, and I look up to find Marcus, June, and Emma up and in the kitchen.

I get off of the couch and walk into the kitchen. "Morning, sleeping beauty," Emma laughs.

I roll my eyes, making myself a bowl of cereal. "Sleeping beauty, yeah right," I say.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of Oliver's feet," June laughs.

Emma smiled. "She always grumpy first thing in the morning," she said.

"Morning, kids," Mom greeted as she came into the kitchen.

"Morning, Mrs. Sawyer," June said the same time we all said, "Morning, Mom."

Mom smiled. "Call me Marie or Mom," she said.

"Morning, Marie," June corrected.

"Hola, peeps," Oliver greeted, taking a seat beside Mom.

"Hey," I said, finishing my bowl of cereal. "I'm going to brush my teeth." Then, I make my way to my bathroom, and start my daily routine. When I am finished, I decide to go to my room, where Xavier and Marcus had stayed, and I quietly open the door.

Xavier lays sprawled out on my bed, cuddling Pandavier. I smiled as he shifted in his sleep, bring the stuffed animal closer to him.

He's cute when he's sleeping, I think, and then, I mentally slap myself. I walk over to him, and I shake him. "Xav, c'mon. Everyone's up, but you."

He says something inaudible, and he turns over. I shake him again, and he pulls his shoulder away. I roll my eyes then lean down next to his ear. "Xavier, time to get up," I say.

Xavier turns his head, and my lips come centimeters apart from his. He is wide awake now, and his attention is on my lips. I stare straight into his eyes, and without thinking, I press my lips to his. Sparks ignite within seconds. He responds automatically, resting his hand on the back of my neck to bring me closer. His lips are so soft, and they move in sync with mine. His touch makes goosebumps raise on my arm and neck. I think of Ridge, and how his kiss didn't feel like this. I yank away, startled.

I touch my lips, staring wide eyed at Xavier. He watches me, waiting for my reaction. "I-I-I'm sorry," I stutter then hurry out of the room. I run into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

A second later there's a soft knock on the door. "Braelyn?" Xavier asks.

I look at myself in the mirror then stumble for the faucet. I splash cold water on my face then dry it with a towel. What just happened? What the heck did I just do?

"Braelyn, will you please open the door?" Xavier asks.

When I don't, his footsteps disappear down the hall. I unlock the bathroom door and poke my head out to see if he is gone. I hurry to my room and get dressed then head downstairs. Xavier isn't there. Oliver and June take one look at me, and it's like they know what had happened. "We're gotta go. We'll see you later," Oliver says.

I nod, and they leave without another word. Mom clears her throat. "Well, I'm going to get ready for the day. I have some job hunting to do," she says, leaving Emma, Marcus, and I alone.

"What happened? Xavier stormed out of here faster than a person on fire," Emma asks.

"I-I don't know what happened. One moment I-I was waking him up then the next w-we were kissing. Then, Ridge popped into my head, and my senses kicked in," I replied, but it was a jumbled mess.

"Whoa, slow down. You kissed Xavier?" She asks.

I nod. "I didn't know what compelled me to do it, but I just did it. I wasn't thinking."

"Braelyn, calm down. You're making it sound like it was terrible," Marcus says.

I look at him. "That's the problem! It wasn't terrible; it was great! I've never felt like that before. Not even with Ridge."

Emma sends me a small smile. "Do you think maybe it's because you love him?"

I snap my head to hers. "I just got my heart broken by Ridge. I love Ridge," I say, but it sounds like I am convincing myself rather than her.

"Braelyn, you can love more than one person at a time," she says.

I think for a moment. Is it possible? Do I really love Xavier? No, I can't. I love Ridge. But when I kissed Xavier, I felt all the things I didn't feel with Ridge.

Everything is a mess. I just broke up with Ridge close to two and half weeks ago, but I just kissed Xavier. That feeling I felt just a short while ago with Xavier, it was magical.

I think back to when I had lunch with Jared, when I explained what I thought love was, and I remember telling him about the sparks. I felt those sparks when I kissed Xavier.

My heart rate begins to speed up, and I push my hair out of my face. How did I not realize it? How did I not feel it? I look at Emma with wide eyes then to Marcus then back to Emma.

"Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness," I repeat then I point to myself. "I am in love Xavier!"

Emma bites her lips. "It looks that way."