8-Rewritten

The beginning of the chapter is the same, but then, it changes. Bravier shippers, you'll like a little scene in this chapter.

The party is in full blast when we get there. We can hear the music clearly as Emma parks. I look at her. "I can't do this," I say, flashbacks.

"Braelyn, yes, you can," she says, getting out. I unfasten my seatbelt, and I shakily get out. Emma links her arm through mine, and we make our way toward the house.

Stormy graduated last year, and his family is filthy rich. They bought him anything he wanted, but they did not by him the house. It's a huge grey mansion with a porch twice the size of my room.

Speaking of the porch, there are couples making out on it. I scrunch my nose up, and Emma lets go of my arm to open the door. Music blares inside, and I wince at the sound. It is too loud.

Emma grabs my hand, and we maneuver through the crowded people. "Party At My House" by The Morrison Brothers Band is playing, and I have to admit, it is a good song. At least they are playing decent music.

We make our way to the drinks, where Xavier and Marcus are. "Hey!" Marcus yells over the music, hugging Emma. Xavier stares at me with complete shock.

I wave, and he smiles. "You look great!" he says.

"Thanks," I reply.

"Wanna dance?" he asks.

I shrug. "Sure." Xavier wraps an arm around my waist, and he leads me to the dance floor. We begin to dance as "Jealous," by Nick Jonas comes on.

He grabs my hands and raises them in the air. I move my body to the beat, getting more comfortable by the second. Xavier spins me around, and his hands drop to my waist. I smile. "I forgot what partying felt like!" I laugh.

"Doesn't seem like it!" he replies.

I smile and continue to dance. When the song is done, Xavier smiles at me. "You still got it in you," he says.

I laugh, "Thank you."

A somewhat slow song comes on, "The A Team," by Ed Sheeran, and Xavier holds his hand out. I take it, and he pulls me close, placing a hand on my hip. We move in sync, and I feel the emotion of the song. He spins me around and then, he pushes me out and pulls me back in. I smile. "You remembered," I say.

"Why, of course. Our first dance had that move in it," He laughs.

"We were just messing around in the living room. I wouldn't call it a dance."

Something flickers in Xavier's eyes, and he looks away for a moment, smiling. "I would. I had fun that day."

I roll my eyes, and someone calls my name. I turn, and I see Ridge making his way toward us. Xavier goes rigid, and I let go. Ridge smiles. "Hey, you actually came!"

"You seem excited about it," I say.

"I am. I've been dying to see you, and wow, you look stunning," Ridge says, motioning to my outfit.

I smile. "Thanks."

"Hey, Xavier," Ridge says, looking behind me.

"I'll see you later," Xavier whispers in my ear when I turn to him then he squeezes my hand. Then, he disappears into the crowd.

I look back at Ridge. "He doesn't like me, does he?" Ridge asks.

I shrug. "I don't think so," I reply.

"Do you want to go somewhere quieter?" he asks.

Smiling, I nod. "Sure," I say then Ridge grabs my hand, pulling toward the side door.