45

I changed the day that Xavier asked her to hang out. Instead of Friday, it'll be Saturday night after her brother's graduation party....

Song for chapter^^^
Ridge is right; we don't speak for the rest of the week. Saturday comes around, and I find myself in a fit of emotions. As I hold the camera up to take a picture of Nathan and Nick in their cap and gown, I feel the tears running down my face. "Braelyn, will you take the picture already?" Nathan gripes.

I smile and take it then hand it to Mom. I get in between the twins and wrap my arms around both of their waists. "Wait!" I exclaim then wipe my eyes real quick before returning to my position.

Nathan chuckles and kisses my head before we all pose for it. "Kyle, get in here!" Mom calls.

"He can't fix his tie, and I don't know how!" Ana, his girlfriend, laughs from the living room. 

Mom hands the camera to me and hurries to the living room. I look at my brothers. "As much as I hate to admit it, I'm going to miss you both," I say, sniffling. Nathan and Nick both got accepted to NYU, which means I'll only see them on holidays and breaks.

"Yeah, yeah. Bring it in," Nick says, and he and Nathan pull me into a hug.

"We're going to miss you, too, sis," Nathan says.

After thirty minutes of taking pictures, Mom is finally ready to go. We all pile into two cars: Mom's car and Kyle's SUV, and we race over to the school. We get there with ten minutes to spare. Nathan and Nick take their seats, and I find Emma, Xavier, and Marcus. "Hey," I say when I reach them.

"Hey! You look great!" Emma exclaims.

"You, too. Mom's this way," I say, and they follow me. We all take our seats, and it begins. Principal Graddens does his boring speech, and I look around. I know who I'm looking for, and when my eyes land on him, he's already looking at me. I smile at Ridge, nodding. He sends me a smile back, and then, he turns away.

I look for Oliver, and I stare at him until he looks at me. Amelia and Evie are sitting beside him, and they smile at me when they see me. Then, I look forward as a senior I don't recognize takes the stage. The music begins to play, and she begins to sing, "A Moment Like This," by Kelly Clarkson. I can't stop the tears for falling as I think about Nick, Nathan, and Ridge leaving, and as I think about, my graduation day next year. It'll be worse.

Xavier grabs my hand, and I send him a grateful smile. When the song ends, he doesn't let go, and I don't pull away. Holding hands with him just felt right. Principal Graddens then calls Ridge to the stage. I freeze, looking around for him again. He doesn't see me. Instead, he walks onto the stage and looks around.

"I'd like to thank my teachers, friends, and family for getting me where I am right now. Never in a million years did I think I would graduate," he starts, making a few people laugh. He clears his throat and continues.

"A lot happened this year, but one thing I know for sure is that I'm thankful for it. I found myself this year; I discovered who I wanted to be and who I was all along. Did that just pop into my head one day? Well, no. I didn't discover this on my own. I had help from a special girl, who's name I won't mention." His eyes land on me, and Xavier squeezes my hand.

"Because of what happened between us, I learned what and what not to be. I should be caring, kind, truthful, and imaginative. I should never hate anyone or hold a grudge be cause that'll just drag me down. Now, what not to be. I should not be rude, inconsiderate, untruthful, and hateful because it'll ruin my life," He says.

"She taught me so many lessons that I honestly would've never taught myself. Now, thanks to her, I'm opening my eyes and seeing the world for the first time. I'm seeing the endless possibilities that this world offers, and you can bet I'm going to try to get as many as possible. I'm going to live my life to the fullest."

"I'm going to make mistakes on the way, but it's not going to stop me. I'm going to learn from them, and I'm going to keep pushing on. Class of 2017, I ask of you to do the same. Thank you."

Everyone claps, and Ridge returns to his seats. That's when the diploma part of it begins. Name by name, Principal Graddens calls each one up, and when he finishes, we all stand up to clap. Then, he states, "Congratulations, Class of 2017. You have officially graduated. May this be just the beginning of your journey."

In unison, everyone throws their caps into the air, and I wipe the tears that have not stopped falling. Nathan and Nick find us, and we take more pictures. When we finish, Nathan claps his hands together. "When's the party starting?"

I look around the room, and I don't spot Ridge. "He already left," Nick says, handing me a note.

I furrow my eyebrows before opening it.

Thank you, Braelyn. I caught an earlier flight. It leaves in an hour if you want to come...

I look at Xavier, who clearly has seen the note. "You should go. I'll see you when you get back," He says, and he's not mean about it at all. He even smiles.

I kiss his cheek. "Thanks. Can I borrow your car?" I ask.

He throws me the keys, and I hurry out.

I know I said three or four more chapters left, but I decides on two more. Next chapter is the last chapter.......