1- Discovered

A few blasts started it all: my journey, my love, my importance. But I won't get into that part now.. I'll go all the way back to the beginning.

I was trudging through my planet's beautiful forest when I heard the booms. When I heard them, I had run as fast as I could back to my village, where everyone was excited and bustling around. I shoved through the crowd to my family's small hut.

"Ma! Pa!! Are you guys there?"

Nothing. I desperately tried again. Still, silence. Then I heard hurried footsteps from the doorway. I flipped around to see my mother with a relieved face. I dove into her arms.

"Oh, honey! I thought you were still in the woods. Okay, come on! The village is gathering. We must see what all the ruckus is about." I nodded and we headed towards the crowd again.

Normally blasts like this were our neighbors, the Olkarions, testing weapons and things. We liked to watch because they were our superiors. Also, it was cool!! We learned all of our wood-bending techniques from them, and we taught them how to connect to nature. It was a basic symbiotic relationship, us and the Olkarions. So obviously we simply thought it was tests and wanted to watch.

When we got between the trees, we peered around, trying to find the source of the sounds we had just heard. Then suddenly a huge, five colored cat robot dropped from the sky and made a mini earthquake!!! A few gasps rippled through the crowd.

My mother in particular surprised me. She gasped softly and muttered, "Can it be?" Under her breath. I turned around.

"What? What is it?" She started and looked at me.

"I... um... well.." she sighed and sat down. "I guess it's time I told you. 10,000 years ago or so, the Altean King Alfor and our planet Altea was attacked by the Galra. Alfor had what the Galra was looking for, five giant lion robots called Voltron. There was red, blue, green, yellow, and black. Together they formed what you saw. It was the only thing that could defeat Zarkon, so Alfor hid the four lions.. until now, I suppose."

I gaped at her. How could Zarkon still be alive 10,000 years later??? Even we Alteans can only live up to about 900 years!! And King Alfor couldn't survive until now!! "W-wh.. how??"

"I'm not sure... They must've found new paladins. I don't know the whole story..."

I looked back at Voltron with renewed wonder and curiosity. Currently it was slicing a Galran ship with a sword held in its red arm. The ship exploded along the line and flew away. Some of the Alteans clapped.

Voltron divided into the five lions Ma had told me about.The black one was in the middle, with the red and green flanking its sides, then the yellow and blue lions. The lions bent down in unison and opened their jaws, which let the paladins out. 

The one that emerged from the black lion had short black hair with a white Mohawk of sorts in the middle. He was wearing a white spacesuit with black accents. On the bridge of his nose there was a pinkish scar that stretched from one eye to the other.

The red lion spit out an emo-looking kid. He had a black mullet and a thick strand of bangs on his forehead. He had a spacesuit with red accents.

The green lion's paladin had hazel, shoulder length hair and light brown eyes. His – or was it a her? – hair flipped out at their shoulders. Their suit had green accents.

The blue lion's paladin had a short brown haircut and blue eyes. He was tan and his suit had blue accents.

The yellow paladin had fluffy brown hair that was held back by an orange headband. He was also tan and his suit had yellow accents.

They all looked at us, then at eachother. "More Alteans?!" They exclaimed in unison.