6- Alfor

{Your POV}

After much discussion, the paladins of Voltron, Coran, Allura, and I decided that the best way to go was to ask Allura's father's memory. Seeing as I wasn't exactly told about him, they had to fill me in.

"The what?" I asked, confused. Hunk had just mentioned something about King Alfor's memories, if that makes any sense.

They all paused, forgetting that I didn't know about him yet. Then Shiro explained.

"Oh. Oh yeah, you don't know.. Alright. Well, after Alfor," He glanced at Allura. "Before he died, he left all of his memories in a pod thing, and there's a room where he is projected and people can talk to him. It has all of his knowledge and feelings and stuff, so it acts like he would. We could ask him about you." I blinked.

"Wow..." I gaped at him. "That's cool.."

"Yes, it is." Allura broke the amazed silence. "Now let's go ask him." She made to stand up, but Shiro grabbed her wrist. She glanced down in annoyance. "What?!" She snapped.

"I think we should wait until we're off this planet." Shiro said calmly.

"Why?" Pidge asked. Everyone was staring at him. "I mean, why wait? Don't we want to know as soon as possible?"

"No, well, not always. We might want to wait with this in case it's something life changing or something like that. Give time to let (y/n) brood, maybe decide against coming. It's her choice, after all." He looked at me.

"No" I said quickly, after realizing he wanted a response. "No, I'm staying no matter what."

"Okay, then let's ask!" Lance said determinedly. He jumped out of his chair, and Pidge followed. We all got up after them, and walked down to Allura's father's room to get some answers.

On the walk there, no one spoke. I suspected they were all thinking what I was: What is Alfor going to reveal?

I suppose it might have just been the suspense, but I was feeling pretty nervous. Nervous about what we were going to hear, nervous about what I was going to reveal about my past.. Nervous... Anxious... Scared...

We were standing outside the door when someone finally spoke.

"What is he going to say?" It was Hunk.

"We don't know. That's the while point of asking." Pidge.

I swallowed my fears and gestured to the door. I was afraid my voice wouldn't work if I tried to speak. Coran nodded and pushed.

Immediately my senses were flooded with thousands of flowers. Pink, flowing, vibrant flowers. And green grass. Lots of it. And then, out of nowhere, there was a man. Right in the middle of the field. He was, I assumed, King Alfor.

He had skin the same shade as Allura's, and eyes of ice blue, similar to Lance's. His hair was white and wispy, and it came down to just above his shoulders. He also had a long goatee, along with a mustache and sideburns. His ears were elfish like Allura's. He looked old, and tired.

Allura walked forward. "Father," she said bitter sweetly. "I would like to just chat, but we've come with news– and an inquiry." Alfor nodded.

"Yes, I see (y/n)." He looked at me with his sad eyes.

"Wh- How do you know my name?" I asked incredulously.

"My dear, I have known your name from the moment I laid you in that stream on Olkarion. He smiled. "I named you.. Did your parents not show you the blanket?" He was talking so fast.. His voice was so harsh.. Couldn't he be more quiet? Or something?

"N-no.." I squeaked, wishing desperately that Pidge - someone - would help me.

"Ah, oh well. Yes. I attached a tag with your name on it to the blanket you came in." He said kindly and more calmly, perhaps seeing that I was nervous. I was genuinely grateful. He turned more toward everyone else. "Now, I assume you would like an explanation behind the contents of the letter found with (y/n) here?"

Everyone nodded.

"Okay then, let's see.. Where to start..?" He pondered.

"The beginning?" Lance piped up. Alfor chuckled.

"Yes, I suppose we should start at the beginning..."

--

Hey guys!! I hope you like this.. Plot twist!! Hhehehhe anyway. I'm getting tired of typing out '(y/n)' everytime someone refers to the reader, so I decided to come up with a code name! After some thought, I decided on Rei. It kinda sounds like Reader, and it's short.. So...

What do you think?

Probably no one will answer because I'm unpopular ;; but oh well. That's (y/n) now. XD bye!! Until Wednesday!!