9- How Close Are We?

~Rei's POV~

A few seconds seconds after Pidge left, I allowed myself to breathe.

Multiple thoughts ran through my head:

I shouldn't have done that.

Why did I do that?

I need someone to talk to.

Why?

What is going on?

I felt something warm and wet run down my cheek. I quickly wiped away a tear and got up. I may as well do something to pass the time until I have to face Pidge. I went to bed.

That night, I had a dream. Well, it was more of a nightmare.

It started with me in a room with white walls, ceiling and floor. Suddenly, a green table appeared in the middle of the room and I walked toward it. It had a white rose, a heart-shaped valentine, and a pearl necklace.

I knew what most of it meant. The rose was symbolizing my home, which has a white rose bush by the doorway.

The valentine was the exact one from the memory I recalled during the day, of eighth grade when I told the girl I liked her.

However, I had no clue what the pearls meant. According to Google, pearls symbolize "wisdom through experience" and they're known for their calming effect. They can balance karma, strengthen relationships, and keep children safe. Whatever that's supposed to mean for me, I have no clue.

———————
~Pidge's POV~

While walking away from Rei's door, I heard a sigh of relief. Which means that she is relieved I left.

I don't understand it! What did I do wrong? We were just having a good time, laughing about funny faces, then she just apologized and left!

Then she ignored me!! I just don't understand. I decided to go talk to Lance because he has experience with these things.

P: Hey Lance. Can I talk to you?

L: Yeah, sure. Irl or text?

P: Text.
I couldn't face anyone with this conversation.

L: K. Shoot.

P: I think Rei doesn't like me anymore.

L: Whaaat? You two are like beans in a field. Why would she hate you??

P: Wrong metaphor, Lance.

P: Anyway, we were laughing about funny faces then we fell on the floor and laughed then she said sorry and left!! Then I went to her room and I knocked and as I was walking away she sighed!! In relief!!!!

L: Hm. Well. How close were you when you were on the floor?

P: Idk, pretty close?

L: No but how close

P: Close enough that our noses touched

L: Okay. Was her face red?

P: Yeah.. but we were laughing really hard!!

L: I think I know the problem. She likes you and she thinks you don't like her. Also, she doesn't know she likes you.

P: No way. There is n o. w a y.

L: yes way

L: Wait.. GASP

P: what?

P: Lance??

P: You there????

The door flung open and I dropped my phone. As I was picking it up I saw Lance enter and shut the door.

"What are you doing." It was more of a statement than a question.

He sat down and didn't answer. He set his head on his hands and looked at me.

"Do you like her?"

"W-What?!" I felt my face get hot and I made my bed so he didn't see.

"Do. You. Like. Her?"

"Well- Well I don't know." I sighed and sat down, giving up.

He smirked triumphantly.

"Don't look at me like that!!" I exclaimed.

"Well? Do you?"

"Maybe... I don't know.."

"Do you feel fluttery inside when you look at her? When or if you have physical contact, do you ache for her to touch you again? Do you look at her when someone else is talking? If the answer is yes to all the questions, then you love her."

I could feel my throat form a little ball like I was going to cry, but not. My stomach convulsed slightly, but in a good way.

I love Rei.

I love her.

~~~~~~
😉😉😉😉😉

lol i bet from the title you guys thought this was gonna different but nOPE anyway someone asked me to update so uh i guess this is dedicated to them?? if they read this they'll know who they are