3- The Letter Part 1

Me and the paladins of Voltron had been working out the details of my move for quintents. We still hadn't told my mom and dad, because, well, I wasn't sure how they'd react. I wasn't even sure how to tell them.

Seriously, how do you tell the two people who raised you and you learned everything from that you were moving away from them into loads of dangerous situations, places, and creatures? It's nearly impossible, but the paladins had some ideas, luckily.

Pidge and shiro did some research and concluded that we should tell them early on so they're not shocked, point out why, and identify facts, not emotions. Easier said than done, but today, I'm doing it.

It's early morning and I'm making breakfast. I decided I may as well make them some too, because we'd be talking over breakfast. Man, I'm soooo nervous!!! It feels like there's an entire swarm of butterflies swooping around in my digestive system. I only hope they take it well...

I heard footsteps. "That must be them," I thought to myself. I finished up arranging the plates and set them on the table. Then I trotted to the staircase, where my mom and dad were walking down.

"Good morning, Ma! Pa!" My dad jumped and my mom smiled.

"Good morning y/n!" My mom said. She hugged me while my dad walked into the kitchen. He noticed the plates of breakfast first.

"Did you make us breakfast?"

I grinned. "Yup!" I followed my mom over to the table and sat down. "D'ya like it?" I inquired, because my dad was swallowing a bite of eggs. He nodded.

"Why did you make us breakfast, though?" My mom asked in return.

I took a deep breath. "I- well, I- I've been invited to move into wherever the paladins of voltron are staying and join them on their quests and stuff.. " my dad stopped mid chew. My mom dropped her fork. They glanced at eachother. "And I.. I accepted!" I grimaced, prepared for a storm of unbelief.

They didn't say anything for a few ticks, and I chanced a look at them. They were both looking at eachother , and it looked like they were communicating mentally, they were staring so intently at eachother. Then they looked at me.

"We're happy for you." My dad said.

"Wait.. what?" I asked, confused. I was sure they'd argue with me, begging me to go back on my word and stay here with them. But.. they were.. happy?

"Honey.. there's some things we haven't told you." My mom said.

"L- like what, exactly?" What was going on?

"Well.. you're not.. I mean to say, um.. we.." My dad stumbled over his words.

"You're adopted." My mom butted in. "We found you in the river when we were around 25 years old. And you.. "

"The water around you was glowing, and you had a note with you." My dad said in turn. My mom nodded and fiddled with her robe. Then she took out what looked to be a card. She unfolded it and handed it to me.

Dear whoever finds this child,

This baby is special. She will someday be the only person able to stop Zarkon, because of her unusual connection to him. She is Galran, human, and Altean.
Please raise her to be loyal, honest, brave, and kind. She must not come back to Altea anytime in her early years.
I cannot explain any further, for it would put you and her in danger.

Many thanks,
King Alfor of Altea

I could scarcely breath. Special? Galran? Only person to be able to stop Zarkon?? That wasn't me. It couldn't be.

Could it?