2- Invitation

It's been 2 quintents since Voltron landed on our planet. They were staying because they wanted to learn more about us. I don't blame them, I would definitely want to know more about a species that had been thought to be lost for 10,000 years and then had suddenly been found living amongst awesome metal-benders!!!! Anyway.

Each of the paladins had come and talked to us. They're really cool!! Shiro's the black paladin with his weird white Mohawk floof. He's older than the rest of them and acts like a dad. He has muscles too.

Keith is the emo one with a black mullet. He's the red paladin.

Lance–the blue one– has the tan skin and little hair. He's a jokester and a flirt.

Hunk is the yellow paladin, he's the bigger guy with the orange headband. His hair's floofy like Keith and shiro. He's really nice.

Last but definitely not least, my favorite one, pidge. She's a girl(some kid asked). She's the green paladin with the hazel hair and eyes. She's really smart and fascinated with the olkarion and our Altean ways. Also, she's the only paladin that can bend the earth like we do.

On the third quintent that voltron stayed, I woke up with a start because of a hard rapping on the door. I yelled "I'll get it!" To my parents and flew down the spiral wooden steps of our cottage. Once I got to the door I peered through the small peephole just at my forehead and saw that it was pidge. I smiled and let her in.

"Good morning pidge! What can I do for you?" I grinned widely.

"Good morning. The other paladins want a tour, and I couldn't think of anyone who was old enough and explored as much as you! So here I am." She hesitated. "Will you?" She added.

I answered immediately. "Of course!" I started bustling around the kitchen, preparing breakfast for myself: toast and scrambled eggs. "Do you want anything?" I asked as I grabbed the bread.

"Sure! Could I have a couple pieces of toast?"

I nodded and made them. Once I was done me and pidge left the house. I left a note for my parents that I would be back by lunch.

Pidge and I laughed our way to where the paladins were waiting, in a huge clearing with their lions. The lions had these cool spherical force fields around them that had hexagon patterns. I stared in awe for a few seconds before I realized everyone was staring at me.

"What?" I asked innocently.

Lance chuckled. "Are you ready to go?" Shiro asked. I nodded and everyone followed me into the forest.

***

About two hours later I had showed voltron the wide river that ran around our village, the different clearings we had, and our village itself. I even mentioned how we hunt fish out of the river, and mimed it!!

It was really fun. Pidge was fascinated with the nature life and how we built things, and hunk didn't understand how we lived off of fish, bread, veggies, water, eggs, and the occasional woodland animal.

After Hunk asked for the umpteenth time if we had sugar, we had arrived at my house. I said my goodbyes to the paladins, and they left.. but Pidge lingered. No one noticed except me, which I think was her goal.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Sure!! What is it?" I asked in return as we walked into the house.

"Well.." she hesitated while we tromped up the stairs. We arrived at my room, where my covers were strewn across the bed. While she thought I tidied up the bed. I plopped onto the newly tidy bed, pulling her down too.

She took a breath. "Canyoumaybecomebackwithvoltrontoourquestsbecauseireallylikeyouasafriendandeveryoneagreesthatyourespecial!" She sat back, a nervous expression on her face.

My smile fell slowly. She.. wanted me to... stay with them? Why? I'm not special. I'm just a random Altean in a random village on a random planet in a random galaxy. Why me?? I mean I'd love to but.. I'm just confused.

"Uh.. I would love to but.. why?" I looked down. "Why me?" Pidge grinned sheepishly.

"Well, for one, you're the most talented Altean in this entire village. Also, the lions sense that you're special. They all agree, too, which isn't usual. So... please?"

I thought about it. I got up, because I needed to do something with my hands. There were a few books falling out of my bookshelf. I picked them up and set them back in, flattening all the books until they were level.

I walked back over to pidge, who was watching me uncertainly. I grinned at her. "'Course."

My heart warmed as she smiled broadly.