7- Questions

{Pidge's POV}

"So.. essentially, you stole Zarkon's secret second child and sent her to Olkarion to be raised by friendly parents?" I inquired.

"Well.. yes. But I wouldn't call it stealing, per se.." Alfor said sheepishly.

Lance gaped at me. "You.. What.. how?!" He gathered himself. "YOU'RE RELATED TO THAT PINHEAD LOTOR?? AND THE EVIL RULER OF THE UNIVERSE? WHAT?!" Hunk laid his hand on Lance's shoulder and shooshed him.

"Wait, father. Before we go, I have one more question." Allura said. "How did you know Zarkon had another child?"

"Yes, how did you know?" Coran asked curiously.

"Well... At the time of Rei's birth, I had the Blade of Marmora on my side. Of course, you know they have spies in the Empire. A particular spy—he remains unnamed for safety—gathered important intel. Zarkon was spending some of the Empire's money on.. you'll never believe this... baby supplies." Coran gasped. I rolled my eyes.

"Now, we knew that Zarkon and Haggar had Lotor, but he was a toddler and wouldn't need newborn clothes. We figured out that Zarkon had another child and was keeping her secret for some reason. Anyway, long story short, we smuggled her out of that treacherous place and uh.. relocated her."

I glanced at Rei. How does she feel about this? I mean, I wouldn't like to know I'm related to the single most feared creature in the entire universe (no, seriously, there's been loads of polls taken). She caught my eye and I looked away quickly. AboRT ABORT

A few minutes later me and Rei are in my room. She's quiet.

"Rei? Are you okay?" I asked shyly.

She answered without looking up. "What do you think?"

"Ahh.. yeah true. But, it's not that bad, is it?"

She pulled out the folded letter from Alfor. It had very worn crease marks. "I just don't understand.. How exactly did Alfor know? Because I feel like he's hiding something from us. Also, why would Zarkon hide me from the world?" Rei's voice broke on the last word. "Why didn't I know?"

My heart did an overwhelmingly unexpected flip when she jumped forward onto me and started sobbing.

I was frozen for a second, then did what Matt always did to comfort me when I was crying. I rubbed her back in slow, soothing circles for at least five minutes. She sniffled and looked up at me, something in her eyes I couldn't name.

"Thank you."

•••

"So.. Rei." Hunk said while making Altean pancakes. "Are you really three species at once? Like, how is that even possible? I mean, of course, Keith is two species so it might be possible if you just—"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Hunk. We all have questions, but they can wait for later." Shiro said with a hungry glance at the bacon.

Hunk twirled around triumphantly and brandished the finished pancakes. They had an odd green tinge to them, but smelled delicious. "Dig in, everyone!"

"Mhf this ish ghood," Lance swallowed. "Hey, Rei. Tell us about yourself. All we know is you're Galran, Altean, and human, apparently related to Zarkon, and you can do a cool Earth bendy-thing. What else?"

"Well..." Everyone looked at Rei expectantly. Honestly, I'm curious myself. "I'm an only child. Well, not biologically, but.. you know what I mean. My mom and dad raised me pretty down to earth. We grow our own food, build our own things, etc. Pretty much the only thing we don't do ourselves is harvest meat from animals." She shuddered. "I don't think any of us had the heart to do that. Besides, we don't eat meat often anyway."

Rei went on and on about her childhood, how her tribe was close friends with the local Olkarions and the animals. I may have taken notes on my wrist for research...

Eventually Coran brought it up that the healing pods in Sector 2 needed repairs done, and we scattered across the castle to do random chores and think about the past week-or-so's events.

The questions could wait.

~

nnnnnyYELLO!! Okay so. Two things:

1. I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED UNTIL NOW!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME 🙏🙏🙏

2. AAAAAAAA I HAVE FREAKING 1k VIEWS WTH HOWWWW WHATTTTT THANK YOUUUUU IDEK HOW I GOT THAT MANY; MY WRITING SUCKS?? HHHHH

-a very confused person ⭐️