5- Breakfast

{Your POV}

As we headed down the glowing blue hallway to satisfy Pidge's stomach's needs, we discussed the possibilities. You know, possibilities of how I was dangerous, Galran, Altean, AND human, my connection with Zarkon and/or Alfor, etc. It was all so confusing!!

Also as we were walking to the cafeteria, my stomach started growling, too. I laughed at this.

"See?? We need food." Pidge chuckled.

"Truth." A voice said. I jumped and turned, only to see that it was Shiro. "What are you girls talking about?"

Me and Pidge glanced at eachother. She looked at me inquiringly, and I nodded. I knew what she was wondering: Could we tell the rest of Voltron? I supposed we had to, seeing how this involved them and such.

"It's kinda long, could we wait until everyone's at breakfast?" Pidge said.

"Oh, that's fine!!" Shiro laughed as Pidge's stomach grumbled again.

--

"So, Pidge, y/n," Shiro said after apparently remembering that we were talking about something interesting in the hall. "You said you would tell us what you were talking about?" The paladins, Allura, and Coran turned over to us curiously.

After reaching the cafeteria, we had gotten distracted by everyone's excitement about me being there forever, so much so that Shiro and we had almost forgotten about the hall conversation. Almost, but not quite.

"Oh.. yeah." Pidge slowly put her fork down. It clinked against the plate of green goo. She glanced at me, then filled everyone in on the letter.

There were a few ticks of silence after Pidge finished. Then the questions came rolling in like a wave.

"Galra?" Keith asked with interest.

"Human?" Lance.

"You said the letter came from my father..?" Allura's voice was full of excitment.

"Wait wait wait wait wait. Dangerous???" Hunk sounded deathly afraid for his life, and backed away from me a few paces.

"Your parents said the water was glowing?" Coran asked curiously.

After everyone finally quieted down, wanting answers, I responded. "We don't know any more than you do. We could only guess. All I think is.. this gives me even more of a reason to stay here with you all." Pidge nodded, and Lance grinned.

"Cool, a new hot roommate~" He purred.

"Lance!!" Shiro exclaimed. "She's not here to date, she's here to help us defeat Zarkon." He said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, Lance." Keith said.

"Shut your quiznack!!"

"Language." Keith said happily.

Lance took a breath to retort, but Allura stopped him.

"Shush, you two. We need to focus on the puzzle at hand. What are we going to do?"

Everyone sat in silence for at least a dobash. Hunk was the first to pipe up.

"We could throw her out of the window and see if a lion or something will come to her rescue." I blanched.

"N-no, please don't!!" Lance started laughing.

"Hunk!! We canNOT do that!! We don't even know if she has a lion, and besides," She did the cute push-up-glasses-by-the-nose thing. "We couldn't risk her life." I was shocked. She sounded really mad!! Did she really care for me so much that she would snap out at her best friend?

He looked downward sadly. Obviously he was shocked too. "Okay.. just thought we could try that.." Pidge immediately looked guilty.

"S-sorry, I just.."

"No, no, it's fine. You're worried about her. I understand." His voice cracked.

Shiro put a hand around Hunk's shoulder and squeezed, then turned to us. "Hey, calm down. It's fine. Now, what should we do? We really need to figure out how y/n is special and/or valuable to Voltron. Also we need to figure out why the water was glowing." He added when Coran opened his mouth. "Now, how to start..."