10- Made up my mind

Okay. So. Author's Note. I'm getting so much support on this story it doesn't even seem real like.. 4k reads?? HOW?? So. Uh. Thank you guys so so so much!! You have no idea how much it means to me to know that people enjoy what I write. So yeah. Second topic of the note: I got three comments in a row on the last chapter, all three saying that they liked the story and couldn't wait for the next chapter. so. oof here you go! i'm such a procrastinator i'm sorry but i'll try to write more shh
-
Rei's POV
-
After I had the dream, Pidge seemed to act differently towards me. It really confused me. It's not as if she's inside my brain, so she couldn't have known about the dream. Also, I didn't tell anyone. But I tried to act normal, even after noticing her behavior.

Everything she did with me seems thought out- rehearsed. Like she had planned every move she was going to take when we ate breakfast together. It went on for a week before I said something. It was Tuesday morning, and she was coming out of her room.

"Hey, Pidge? Can I talk to you for a sec?" She jumped slightly.

"Oh. Uh, yeah, sure." She followed me to a window seat nearby. We sat down and a few seconds of silence passed before I said something.

"I've noticed that lately you seem.. different." I thought I saw her cheeks go pink, but I must've been imagining it. "You talk and act different, but only around me... I just want to know if I've done something wrong."

She fiddled with her fingers for what seemed like forever. "I- Well, I.. I don't know how to tell you."

"What do you mean?"

She didn't meet my eyes. I started to get worried. "Well," She took a deep breath. "Ev-ever since we first spoke- saw eachother, real-really- I've felt connected to you. And I didn't know what it meant until about a week ago."

Silence. My mind was racing. "You mean..." She turned to face me, and looked me into the eyes. Her eyes were glowing like stars in the morning sunlight.

"Rei, I love you." Her face turned red instantly.

I started thinking at light speed. Ever since we met, we'd both felt connected. There was just.. a spark. A spark that makes you smile at sight. A spark that could ignite into flakes at any moment— at anything. Like- I made up my mind.

-
POV CHANGE- PIDGE
-

MY LIFE IS OVER OMG WHAT WAS I THINKING CONFESSING TO HER?! SHE PROBABLY THINKS IM INSANE I MEAN WHO COULD LOVE ME, OF ALL PEOPLE? ME, THE GIRL WHO FORGETS HER NAME WHEN SHE SPEAKS TO ANYONE OTHER THAN HER DIRECT CIRCLE OF FRIENDS?? WOW WHAT AN IDIOT. IDIOT IDIOT ID-

It felt like the world stopped when she kissed me. Nothing could even come close to comparing to this.

Nothing.

When we finally broke away from eachother, she smiled sheepishly. "I figured someone had to stop you from overthinking this."

I hugged her so hard, at one point I think she started choking. "Okay, okay, I get it!" Rei cried through laughter.

I pulled away, and we stared at eachother for a few minutes, just looking. Admiring. Loving.

Then Lance ran in. "Guys! Breakfast-" He almost fell over, he stopped so fast. I tried to send him mental signals not to say a thing. He didn't hear me. "Ohhh... Well I'll leave you two alone, lovebirds.."

I could've punched him, but Rei stopped me. "I hate you.." I muttered in his direction. He smirked.

"Well, come on whenever you're ready. Hunk and Coran made space eggs and ham- and they're actually green!!" He left the room laughing.

I turned to Rei and smiled. "Shall we?"

"We shall, my love."

-

I like how a fictional story has a better love life than I do..

but it's fine i'm fine everything's fine

aNYWAY hope you like it!! :)