4- The Letter Part 2

~Pidge's POV~

I'd just woken up. It wasn't too early (I'm a night owl), only around 9:30. I heaved myself out of bed and glanced at my phone.

3 unread messages from (y/n)

I got (y/n)'s number after she had agreed to move onto the Castle of Lions with us paladins, because we'd agreed we would need a way to talk without actually going to each other (for planning and stuff).

I swiped left on the notification and it brought me to the messages app. Her name flashed at the top, and the rest loaded soon after.

Pidge, I need to talk to you

Pidge? Are you there?

If you don't answer in ten minutes, I'm coming to the Castle.

I checked the time on the last text. If I were drinking anything, I would have spit it out: 13 minutes ago!! I didn't even have pants on!! What if she barged in right now?! Oh god..

I flung myself to my closet and quickly found a pair of green sweatpants to match my grey Garrison t-shirt. Then I grabbed my phone and opened the door–but I felt another hand on the other side.

"(Y/n)? Is that you?"

"Pidge! You got my text!!" It was her.

"Um, yeah." I opened the door to let her in. She was carrying a lavender card. It looked like it had a robotic lion's face on the front.. "What's that?" I asked, pointing to it.

"Oh. This is what I wanted to talk about." She walked over to my carpet and sat down, then patted the spot next to her. I obeyed.

"So..?"

"Okay! So. Er... I told my parents, like we planned. And they-" She took a breath. "They said they were happy for me."

I blinked and stared in confusion. "But.. you said–"

"That they would freak out, yeah, I thought so too. But they gave me this," she handed me the card with the lion on it. "Go on, read it. I want to hear your thoughts." She said after I hesitated.

I sighed and opened the card. My first thought was that she was playing with me.. it looked like a wedding invitation, what with all the thin swirls and flowers. I started reading.

Dear whoever finds this child,

This baby is special. She will someday be the only person able to stop Zarkon, because of her unusual connection to him. She is Galran, human, and Altean.
Please raise her to be loyal, honest, brave, and kind. She must not come back to Altea anytime in her early years.
I cannot explain any further, for it would put you and her in danger.

Many thanks,
King Alfor of Altea

I gaped at the letter, then at her, then back again. "No way.." I breathed. First off, why would she come to me for help, of all people? Why not Allura, who was directly related to Alfor? Why not Keith, half Galran? Why me?

"Yes way." She looked at me quizzically, almost as if she thought I was going to claim she was pulling my leg. But I knew better, she wouldn't joke like this. "What do.. what do you think?" She sounded scared.

"I.. I don't know." I looked up into her eyes. They were so vividly (y/e/c), I could get lost in the misty swirls and stripes.. I looked back at the letter. "I mean, this looks authentic. We could ask Allura if she knows anything, she's Alfor's daughter, after all. Or Coran– he might know something, as well. And I could do some looking into this, try and find any record of connections to Zarkon." I pushed my glasses up. "Also, Alfor must have had connections to Zarkon to be able to get you here. We have to find out what is dangerous, as well. I mean, of course Zarkon is dangerous, that's obvious, what with his taking-over-the-universe scheme. But–" (y/n) interrupted me both with words and by putting her hand on my knee. I stared at the hand for a tick, then looked into her beautiful eyes.

"Okay, Pidge, you're going on a rant." She had an amused face. "But what I meant was.. what should I do?"

"What should you.. what should you do?" She nodded. "W-well.. I..." I swallowed. "I guess this gives you even more reason to come with us. You can help us defeat Zarkon." She looked satisfied, and took her hand off my knee. I restrained a complaint– her hand had felt nice there.

"That's what I thought, too. And my parents, apparently. Just.. I'm not so sure how I'm related to Zarkon, or Alfor, for that matter. And I'm Galran? And human? What even is human??" I suppressed a giggle.

"I'm human, so is Shiro, Hunk, Lance, and most of Keith." She looked shocked, then grinned in embarrassment.

"Oh. Whoops, hehe." My stomach growled.

"Well, can we talk about this at breakfast?" My stomach grumbled again. "I'm hungry, as my stomach would like to tell you." She laughed.

"Yeah, sure!" I stood and held my hand out for her. She took it, and I pulled her up. Then we headed out the door.

----

HEYHEYHEYHEEEEYYY ITS YA BOI, STELLA!! Okay sorry. I needed to get my spontaneousness out. XD Anyway. I came up with a schedule for Petals: I'll (try to) update every other Wednesday and Saturday. Wait wait wait!! Before you exclaim, "That's too little!!" let me explain. (Heehee, explain, not exclaim) My parental situation is weird. My parents never married, but they split up when I was three. They never went to court to discuss who gets me, (gladly) so I switch every Friday. At my mom's house, I'm not on my phone very often (hence the every other week update) so I wouldn't be able to type an entire chapter. However, at my dad's house, I am. I chose Saturday and Wednesday because my stepmom doesn't have school Wednesday, so I stay home. On Saturdays, well, duh, it's Saturday.

Now, like everything, there will be exceptions. My dad races, so sometimes we go to the track over the weekend. Sometimes I'll be too busy, I don't know. But I'll always tell you people. K? Thanks!!

Hope you had a happy Fourth of July!! <3

⭐️