Marco x Reader

Wattpad has been glitching, and won't allow me to publish complete stories so I'm doing my best. Here's a story I was working on during school. I hope everyone is having a wonderful time with school ending, and will have a great summer.

I sit with Marco in a field of flowers. With care, he slowly ties the stems of flowers that soon will become a flower crown. He has tried to teach me, but I always mess up. “Finally it’s finished.” I snap out of my trance to see my boyfriend smiling. He softly places the crown on my head, and I can’t help but laugh. “Milady, shall we get going?” He asks while holding a hand out to me. “That sounds like a wonderful idea.” I say playing along. Marco grabs my hand, and softly pulls me up.

“We should go to the library,” he whispers in my ear while trailing kisses down my neck. I feel my face flush as I nod in agreement. Hand in hand in he intertwines our fingers as we walk across the training field to the HQ. “Have you ever wondered who it must’ve been to first start writing?” I ask softly, looking up at Marco. He looks down at me, and smiles his beautiful smile. “Actually no I haven’t. Whoever it was made something great.” His soft voice slightly echoes throughout the halls.

We soon come to the library doors, and Marco pushes the double doors in. Shelves filled with books come into view, and to be honest these are my second love. Of course Marco is first. I love absolutely everything about him. From head to toe. I love how his eyes shine whenever he’s happy, and that’s almost all the time, I love his cute freckles which from my knowledge are all over his body, I love his soft voice that could lull me to sleep, and most of all  I love his happy personality.  “Earth to (Y/n), you still there?”

“Sorry, I doze off a lot.”

“It’s fine, so what book should we read today?” I walk down an aisle looking at the different books. “I was thinking a romance one.” And to be honest I was. I run my fingers over the spine of the books until one grabs my attention. Pride and Prejudice.

“Hey Marco, how about this one?” I ask while handing him the old dusty book. He turns it over, and reads the back. After a couple seconds he nods with a smile. “Good choice, it sounds very interesting.” I smile back, and pull him to the love seat couch in the back of the library. He sits on one end, and pats his lap. Knowing what’s going to happen I lay on the couch with my head in his lap. Marco opens the book, and starts reading. Usually when we do this I don’t last long. Before I know it darkness takes over my vision, and I’m asleep.

Christa: “Aw, they looks so cute together.”

Ymir: “More like disgusting.”

Christa: “Stop it Ymir, that’s rude.”

Jean: “I wish I had a girlfriend.”

Eren: “No one would date someone like you.”

Christa: “Eren, Jean stop fighting you’re going to wake them”
Mikasa and Ymir: “To late.”

My eyes flutter open to see a bunch of blurry people around me, and Marco. Slowly my eyes adjust, and I start to recognize people. Eren, Armin, Jean, Christa, Ymir, and Mikasa. “What are you guys doing here?” I ask, sitting up, and rubbing my eyes. “Originally I came to get you to come to training, but you looked too cute.” Christa said with a soft smile.

“Couldn’t you guys watch quieter?” I hear a soft voice ask from behind me. We all look to see a tired Marco with a lopsided grin. If I had to be honest I found all his smiles, smirks, and grins hot. I absolutely was deep in love with this man. “I guess we can call it a day off.” Mikasa said before grabbing Eren’s arm, and pulling him somewhere else, most likely to bother him. “Well me, and Christa are going to watch the sunset.” Ymir said before pulling Christa away.

“Me, and Jean are going to look at books about life outside the walls, have a good day.” Armin says with a small wave before the two walk away. I smile, and look up at Marco who’s now running his hands through my (h/l) (h/c). “What should we do now?” I ask in a hushed voice. “How about we go take a walk?” He suggested with a small smile. “Good idea, let’s go.”

Me, and Marco walk out of the HQ to the forest by the training field. We find a small trail, and decide to follow that. We walk in silence, only the sound of leaves crunching under our feet, and the soft breeze of the wind could be heard. The trail soon comes to an end at a small lake. “We should go canoeing.” I suggest look up at Marco. “If only there was a canoe we could go.” He says glancing around. “Maybe one day,” I say with a small smile.”

Timeskip

Tears spill from my eyes, and seem almost unstoppable. Today a friend of mine couldn’t take it, and killed themselves. “They won’t be forgotten.” I turn, and see Marco there with a sad smile. I sniff, and quickly hug him. He rubs my back, and kisses my forehead. “We can have a proper burial funeral if that’s what you want.” Marco whispered in my ear. I nod, and pull my face away from his chest.

Most cadets, and friends of mine and, friends of (f/n) showed up. It was a cloudy day, and was the only day Shadis let us off. Jean, and Eren lowered her body into the ground, and surprisingly worked together to bury her. Tears streamed down my face, but Marco was there to wipe them away. He stayed by my side since we found her/his/their body. His arms remained wrapped around my waist, his breath against my ear, with every once in awhile small kisses left along my neck.

One by one people go to the Lunch Hall to eat. Like all the books, and stories, the saddest, and most closest person to the dead one remains. “We should head inside by the others.” A soft voice whispers in my ear. A shudder racks through my body, and I look at my wonderful boyfriend. Pain lies in his eyes as he stares at me with pity. “Okay.” I choke out while staring into his eyes. Marco grabs my hand and intertwines our finger. Hand in hand, we walk to the lunch hall, grab a tray of food, and sit with the rest of our fellow cadets.

“How are you feeling (Y/n)?” Christa asks placing her small hand over my hand. “She’s probably in a depressed mood. Most people are after loosing a friend.” Ymir says loudly wrapping an arm around her. “Quiet Ymir, I know that but I was just trying to be nice.” Christa says with a glare. “It’s fine Christa, Ymir’s right. When a close one dies most people are depressed like me.” I mutter out before playing with my food once again. All eyes are on me, burning into, and through my skin.

Tears once again prick at the corner of my eyes, and I quickly rub them away. The table remains quiet the entire time, everyone eats quietly, and avoids eye contact with others. Finally people start to leave, no excuses. Not that anyone has one. The last ones at our table is me, and Marco. He rubs my back, and pulls me to my feet. “Let’s go to bed.” Marco whispers in my ear softly. I manage to nod, and wrap my arms around his neck. Getting the idea, Marco picks me up bridal style, and carries me to the girls dorm.

Once we arrive we notice the lights off, and all the girls fast asleep. “Want me to stay with you?” He asks carefully placing me on my bed. “Yeah, I’d like that.” He smiles softly, and climbs in next to me. His arms wrap around my body, and pull me into a soft hug. “How’d I ever get such a sweet boyfriend like you?”

“Well I have no clue, all I know is I’m happy to have a wonderful girlfriend like you.” He whispers in my ear. I smile, and softly peck his lips. “Goodnight my love.”

“(y/n)......(Y/n)......(Y/N) wake up!” Quickly I sit up to see people surrounding me. All their faces showed worry. “You okay (Y/n)? You were screaming pretty loudly.” Armin says in a worried voice. “Yeah, sorry. I was just dreaming of Marco.” I say looking down sadly. I hear someone sigh beside me, and the bed shift as they sit. I look over, and see Jean looking at me with pity. “He’s gone, (y/n). You need to accept that, and move one. I know it’s difficult, but you guys chose to fight titans. Just know he didn’t die in vain.” His voice cracks, and I can’t help but pull him into a hug. Marco didn’t die in vain. We’ll avenge him, kill all the titans, and save humanity. It’s what he would’ve wanted.