Chapter 1

Hello chandler riggs fans :)

I hope you enjoy my book haha.

-Molly

------

I've always wanted to live in California. It's a beautiful state with it's palm trees and beaches and vintage stores. It was the city where dreams came true.

It wasn't like New York City or Miami, it was bigger.
All of the celebrities lived there, and that was where you could get famous, even if you were only 14 years old.
But I hadn't expected my mother to say yes.

"You said you wanted to go, so we'll go!" She shouted, a wide grin on her face as she emptied her drawers and loaded her suitcase.
"But that's not what I meant!" I said back.

I had that certain feeling about California. In my dreams I'd go and meet cute boys or famous actresses and skateboard past the Hollywood sign. In real life when I thought about it, my dreams didn't change. Until I thought about what I'd be leaving behind here.

"Riley, honey," my mother began, "I just got laid off. Yoko just passed away, and with your fathers inherits we have enough money to start a whole new life! Moving to California is actually a wonderful plan!" She flipped back her dark brown hair after bending down to open her last bottom drawer.

As she mentions my deceased dog Yoko, I have to look away from her for a second. But not so much my father. He was a rich, selfish, awful man who only gave my mother and I food and shelter, not love.

"But what about Freddie, and Haley and Ashton? What about Aunt Bethany?" I threw my hands in the air, gesturing to my mother about how we would leave my closest friends and my father's last relative without us here.

"You'll make new friends, and don't say you won't. It's California for God sakes." She replied, shaking her head. "It took me two years to get to know Freddie, and two more for Ash and Haley. I'm sure it'll take me five seconds, huh?"

"Yes," she began, "probably even in the airport."
I rolled my eyes. "Sarcasm, Mom."
After a large glare from her sea green eyes, she folded the last pair of shorts in her drawer and stuffed them into the suitcase.

***

Freddie, Ashton, and Haley were broken when I told them over our lunch date. Not even as broken as me. "Is your mom serious?" Said Freddie.

"All the way across the country?" Said Ashton.

"Will we able to come visit you?" Asked Haley.

Their questions shattered me. Yes my mother is serious. She wouldn't have packed up more than half of the things in our house if she wasn't. But how often would I be able to see my friends?

That particular question puzzled me. Haley's family was broke, Ashton was practically treated like royalty, while Freddie lived with his grandfather and sick grandmother.

There was no way that all three of them would be able to come. It'd be weird to just see Ashton, who could afford probably seven plane tickets.

"Wait, Ash, do you think you could pay for tickets sometimes? For the three of you guys..." Ashton immediately shook his blondish curls. "My parents will do anything for me, but-" Freddie held up a few fingers in front of Ash's face. "But not for my friends." Freddie said with an angry smirk.

Ashton said this many times.
"So when are you leaving?" Haley asked as she put her hand on mine. "Thursday morning." I replied, poking at my banana cream pie, although it was my favorite dessert from The Shack. It was our favorite restaurant; the four of us.