Chapter 5

We were surrounded.

Chandler stood next to me, inside of the doorway. I could feel the Stiffs banging on the door from the back of the froyo shop. It hurt my to know that my own mother was desperately searching to bite me, eat my insides.

"C'mon!" He yelled to me. His hand pulled my wrist out of the room, going to the left to avoid the rest of the Stiffs heading for the front of the froyo shop, not the back supply closet.

"Lets go before they turn around!"

He kept looking at me, to make sure I was still here, that he wasn't holding onto anyone else's wrist.

Ahead there were many different gates and many different shops.

"There!" I pointed, after spotting a tourist store with a purple sign. Someone had clearly closed the wide silver gate, although it would be east to slide open.

We arrived at the gate, aware of the very few Stiffs heading toward us from another side of the hall.

"Quick, slide up the gate. I got these ones." I told him, although inside I was regretting ordering him in such a rude way.

"Okay." He responded. The two Stiffs were two men. One was an obvious airport policeman, the other was a random man, dressed in a t-shirt and khakis.

All of my fear was wiped out of me. I went up to the short man, quickly jabbing the scissors into it's vulnerable temple. Not much blood splattered, but I made sure to hide the cut on my hand away from exposure.

The man fell to the floor, it's head slapping against the tile. I quickly backed away from the approaching dead cop, still glaring at the first Stiff that I had just gotten rid of.

But yet my fear was still gone. The sight of the pool of blood swarming underneath it's head and the extra still smothered on my weapon. I wish I had a different one.

The cop came close, as I repeated my actions onto it as I did to the other Stiff.

"Got it, c'mon I can hear them." Chandler shouted as the cop fell to the floor. I examined both the dead bodies.

The regular man had nothing on him, but the cop did. In his belt was a flashlight, a set of keys, handcuffs, and a gun.

The moans of the Stiffs were nearer, about to turn the corner. "C'mon!" Chandler repeated.

I bent down, and quickly tore the belt off of his thick waist, taking all the supplies with me.

I rolled under the gate with Chandler, and into the souvenir shop. I followed behind the counter, removing the things from underneath so I could squeeze in where the Stiffs couldn't see. He did the same.

Finally, it was quiet.

"What did you take from that Walker's belt?" He whispered. I instantly began silently cracking up, at the fact that he called the Stiff a 'Walker' from his TV show. It was just odd.

"What are you laughing at? This is no joke." He said in a serious tone. "Nothing, it's just that you called it a Walker... Carl." I giggled just a little bit more.

Chandler had a half smile form onto his face at my joke. The smile turned full, and he let out a small laugh. But his eyes returned to mine, back to seriousness.

"What did you grab?" He asked again.

"Just this belt full of stuff..." I held up the belt, showing the tools on it.

He grabbed for the gun, just like I knew he would. "Hey hey hey, that's mine!" I pulled the belt away from him.

"I know guns, and I know whats going on here." Said Chandler, with quite an attitude. "Well maybe you're not the only one." I shot back. I didn't know he could be this snotty.