Chapter 24

Sorry I haven't updated in forever, I have some sort of block.

Haha I love you all, thank you for all of the sweet comments and the votes. ❤

Remember to message me stuff and thangs

------

"Blue." Chandler smiled, looking at the ground.

We were all chatting again, asking random questions to remove the discomfort. It was almost like none of this had happened, and more like I had just met better friends. I didn't want this familiar teenage way of life to just be smushed down by this huge boot.

I didn't want to have to leave it all behind in less than one day.

"Mine would be, like a really light pink." Sammy said.

"Yes that's definitely one of my favorites." Brianna compared. "But I'd have to say orange. It's a beautiful color."

"I think the most beautiful colors would have to be achromatic." I stated, imagining the meaning and beauty of such bland colors.

"Like grey, black, and white? Don't you think they are a bit empty?" She continued, slightly confused with my opinion.

"Well it's true they have no color 'pop,'" I bent down my two fore fingers, "but they are colors without color. They show an example of life; White shows a happy image, grey is to show sadness, and black is the dark in our world."

Wise words, Riley. I giggled to myself.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm really feeling the whole 'dark in our world' situation over here." Luke waved his hands at me with a smile on his face.

"Alright... Favorite movie?" Sammy asked us, her left eyebrow raising.

"Chronicle, hands down."

"The Notebook."

"Mean Girls."

"21 Jump Street!"

"I'd have to say Chainsaw Massacre."

"What?!" Brianna gasped. She was obviously into the tragic romances, and Luke was into the gory thrillers. "That movie is repulsive."

"No way! That shit is cool." Luke announced. Chandler nodded with him.

"Well so is The Notebook! It's absolutely beautiful." She replied with an innocent smile. The two of them rolled eyes at each other.

"Okay lovebirds, you can stop now." I said to them, recieving two mean but privatley enjoyed looks. I smiled back at Brianna, who shook her head laughing.

"What do you think they talk about?" Luke asked quietly. We all turned our heads to see him eyeing his mother and brother. They were conversing in secret, occaisonally smiling and nodding their heads. I wondered why the two of them left out Luke, and were more interested in themselves.

"Maybe the girl? Kaitlyn?" Chandler reccomended. Luke didn't respond.

This boy was so interesting; he had the best sense of humor, he was attractive, and just had a cool personality. His mother was devistatingly lost, and she only clung to Sean. Why him? Did they have one of those super close mother-son relationships? Did Luke do something wrong?

"You shouldn't worry about it. The world's over after all." Sammy picked at her fingernails.

"I'm not. I'll figure it out later. She's never cared about me anyway." Huh?

"It's always been about Sean and her job and Kaitlyn," Luke ranted, "She used to let me do whatever I wanted since she was always wrapped up in some shit with her boyfriends or how Sean was getting D's in English."

He didn't seem upset, but he seemed angry. "I don't want to talk about it anymore, I shouldn't have brought it up." Luke rubbed his eyes and looked up at us, grinning.

"So... How about we go swimming?"

"Too bad I didn't grab a bathing suit." I told him. No way was I going swimming without proper attire.

Chandler looked over at me and smiled, "No it's okay, you can wear one of my shirts." My heart skipped.

"I'm not just gonna wear a t-shirt. Plus it's not gonna be all that big on me." I chuckled, poking at his thin figure. He was very skinny, and short. "You're like almost the same size as me."

"Yeah, yeah. But I'm still a guy." Chandler replied and batted my hands down.

"C'mon." Brianna teased us, "it's the end of the world. It's not like it's gonna be posted online. Not like there are impressions and all anymore."

She was right; who cares?

"Okay." I stated. What? Without thinking it completely through, I stood up, with Brianna trailing behind me. When Sammy didn't follow, I decided not to ask.

"Hey, umm..." I leant into Brianna before Chandler and Luke could come close enough to hear, "what are you going to wear? Your shirt?"

She shrugged as if she had never had a problem in her life. "My bra and underwear." Oh, okay.

"Riley! Here, you can wear this one." Chandler shouted to me, waving a ball of black clothing in my direction. I steppe toward him and unfolded the shirt.

The t-shirt was entirely black except the front, which read, 'Will kill 4 food' with an animated zombie on the front.

I stared blankly at the fabric, wanting to yell at him for giving me this... this lie. But instead of sharing my feelings, I hid behind them like I always do.

"It's okay. I'll wear one of my own."

He didn't look hurt, but the look on his face apologized for his unthought action. I returned the shirt to his hands, and bent down to open my back pack.

As I pulled out the blue shirt that I had first worn when this started, Chandler tapped my shoulder. "Sorry." He mumbled. I covered my hand over his in sympathy.

"It's okay." I stood and touched his cheek. "Let's go."

Luke was chatting with Brianna and Sammy near the large rocks by the river. "Won't you miss them, at all?" I quietly questioned him as we began walking.

Chandler took in a deep sigh.

"Missing them will be a preparation."

"A preparation for what?" I asked.

"For all the other goodbyes that are to come."

------

Haha sorry again, I'll try to update sometime this week. ❤