Chapter 35

The people inside the apartment building stared at me in no particular expression. But I could tell they were thinking how pathetic and strange it was for these three men to carry me through the lobby and down the hall to the elevator without any resistance.

What shocked me most was seeing casually dressed women leaning on walls with men just like Dylan, Mitch, and Mike. If young girls such as me and the others in the locker room were such a useful target, why were these simple women acting like they were a different species?

"What room?" A dirty looking man smoking a pipe muffled the question to Mitch as he held me up as if he were hugging me like a doll.

"I don't care, just on the second floor." He told the man.

He gave Mitch the key, and I was being pulled along once more.

I was torn apart left and right, until the men unlocked and kicked open a door that was labeled Room 226.

By that point I had almost had enough. My thoughts were beginning to turn and I was going to lash out and fight. But chances are that it won't turn out good, and I'll end up in more shit than I already am in.

"Go sit on the bed." Mike snapped at me, and I was finally free from their rough hands.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, with the slightest bit of desperation showing through my voice. I did not sit on the bed, but instead I went towards a door on the other side of the room.

"Hey!" Mike shouted. He pulled out a gun and directed the trigger towards me. "I told you to sit on the bed."

I shook my head, and as Mike made his way over to the door with Dylan joining him, and Mitch gave me a daring smile, I opened the white door and slipped through, shutting and locking it before Mile could shoot.

It was dark in the room, and I avoided the banging and shouting from the other sides of the walls. My fingers wandered for a light switch, until I was successful. The orange lighting was dim, but I could still see that I was in a closet, with hangers and a few coats hanging up. There was an ironing board, a mini-vacuum, a broom, dustpan, and a fire extinguisher.

I knew that if those men tried hard enough they could break down the metallic door and kill me. What happened? Why did I randomly decide to bail? Why didn't I think this through?

Then my mind exploded and I internally cheered for my life.

My hands reached for my belt, and I gently slid my knife from underneath the leather. I knew it was somewhere, but I was afraid to pull it out at the time. Because of my recent actions, I had no choice.

"You're gonna wish you hadn't done that!" Mike shouted. Why was he here if he wasn't the one who 'requested' me? Same with Mitch, were they just here to hold me down, make sure I don't pull anything or try to kill Dylan.

"Riley, come on out and we can discuss this." Dylan hollered through the crack of the door. Does he think I'm stupid?

I frantically searched through the closet for a weapon, to defend against Dylan and Mike.

My thoughts focused on why Mitch was smiling. He was young, just a little older than me, and compared to every man I have seen here so far, he was the odd one out.

houghts and use the iron for protection, gun shots when off.

They didn't soar through the walls, or break glass, and they surely didn't hit my body. Three pops, and everything went silent.

Were they dead? All three of them? Who killed them? I was terrified to emerge from the closet or even make a sound.

I kneeled behind the ironing board with the iron in one hand and my knife in the other. Whoever was out there saved me from being shot by Mike and whatever Dylan was going to do to me, but also they simply killed all three of those men, which means they could easily kill me too.

I could hear footsteps make their way across the room, thumping on the apartment room's carpet. Their shadows cast through the crack in the bottom of the door.

All of the sudden, the person began banging on the door and kicking it violently. The noise caused my heart to race as the person wiggled the doorknob. I was relieved when a voice muffled through the door.

"Riley, are you alright in there?" He shouted to me. I was still terrified, but yet somewhat relieved.

He stopped hitting the door and backed up, letting me escape from the closet and face to face with him.

Mitch stood over the two dead men, a gun in his hand and a small break of sweat on his forehead. He slightly smiled, as if he never killed Dylan or Mike. Their blood seeped into the carpet as I watched Mitch put his weapon back into his belt.

I threw the iron onto the bed spread, and tried not to look like I was going to threaten Mitch with my knife. Although he saved both my life and virginity, he made a stupid choice in not thinking this through.

"Listen, I'm not saying what you did was a good choice, but say they chose someone else to handle you, I'm sure Mike would have you pretty much dead."

Mitch stood there, glaring at me. I would assume he was expecting me to say something in response.

"Well congratulations, now what are you going to do?" I pointed at the two dead bodies.

Mitch blinked a few times, and swallowed hard. He peered out the shades of the room's window, spying on the people in the streets. Then, he walked over to the door, opened it, stuck his head out of the crack, and closed it shut looking very relieved.

He checked his ammunition, and took both Dylan and Mike's weapons, handing me a bloody pistol.

"Chandler and I made a deal."

------

AHHH I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

sorry about the confused update, i wrote and then the app never saved the ending part of the chapter.

But I'm sorry for not updating for two months, I'll try to NEVER do that again, ❤️❤️❤️.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALMOST 18K LOVE YOU ALL

-Molly