Chapter 26

lol exciting chapter ahead :-))

Thank you guys so much for 2k, I love you for loving my writing.

I hope you guys like my new cover. The photo in the middle is actually my own, and that's me as well, wearing Riley's black sweater.

^that should be an icon 😂 haha enjoy this chapter.

-molly♡

------

What caught my attention most was when Sammy screamed and called Luke and I's names.

The first thing that I thought about was where I had placed my knife. I looked out onto the riverbed and luckily, my knife and gun were resting beside my pile of clothes.

Chandler and I began swimming violently toward the shore, with Luke and Brianna close behind us as we made our way torward Sammy who was baring her knife at the herd. They were getting a lot closer as we swam in.

"Grab your things and get to camp!" Luke shouted, mostly to Sammy but Brianna, Chandler and I followed his demand.

Finally, I climbed out of the water and sprinted to retrieve my clothing and weapons. I pulled my sweater over my bra, not bothering to put on my tank top. After all my clothes were on I snatched my weapons.

My knife was held in one hand and my gun pointed itself toward the approaching threat as I ran through the woods on the small path the five of us created.

Ahead I could see Luke carrying Sammy, with Brianna checking side to side behind them.

So where was Chandler?

"Chandler?" I screamed, stopping in my tracks. He wasn't in front of me, but I knew that something was going wrong when I heard shots ring out from the direction of the river.

I called his name once again, and sprinted back to the clearing where everything just completely changed.

"Chandler! What are you doing!"

When I leapt through the last couple of trees, he came into view. The walkers were piling into the water, but most of them ran through the trees alongside the direction of the river.

"Chandler we've got to go."

He looked at me with a fearful expression; his jaw tensed and his eyes blaring with that unique blue color.

No matter how hard I wanted to stare into them, my own eyes couldn't ignore the blob of black and brown and red mess that was getting closer every second we wasted. "C'mon!"

Chandler looked back to the walkers, and blinked his eyes shut for a moment. He made a despairing face and began running back to me, the walkers filling the spot where he had just stood.

He could have died just then.

"Chandler what were you thinking? You could have gotten killed, they were so close." I explained to him as we ran through the vines and bushes. But he didn't answer, instead he just held my hand and looked forward.

He didn't speak to me until after we arrived to camp.

Luke and Brianna were ecstatic as they packed their bags and ordered others to do the same. Of course, Vincent had the audacity to object and question the fact that their was a huge crowd of fast-moving walkers following us.

"Wait, boy. Who put you in charge?" He shouted.

Luke continued to stuff clothes into his and Daniella's bags while he snapped his head up at the man.