Ch.73: The end

Chapter 73:

Sara's POV:

Almost a year has gone by since Tom's betrayal. Since then we have rebuilt 221b and tried to get on with life. Tom was sent to a high security facility that houses the most dangerous of people. Mycroft has assured us that it is built to withstand vampires as well. So there he will stay, for the rest of his life.

In many respects, Tom is getting off easy. He killed two children, one being his own sister, and many others as well. The only reason he is alive is because his brothers still care for him, and so do I. After knowing him for so long, it is hard to think of him as a psychopath.

Tom had a rough time in the prison at first. He would thrash his cell and demand to see me, but over time he has calmed and come to the realization that cooperating is the best option. He has been talking with a therapist... but some disturbing things have come to light. Tom has confessed to a multitude of murders that I had no idea about. Those newly blooded vampires we saved awhile back, it was when Ajay was tracking down Mary, well Tom killed them. I left Tom to get them somewhere safe and to help them not kill when they fed, but he instead just murdered them! He lied to my face, claimed to be a hero of sorts. That's not all, apparently he was planning to kill off Sam and Dean as well.

He had also revealed how he convinced that woman to play as Eurus. Her real name is Amelia Williams, and she was origanily a patient at the "asylum". Tom used his power to compel people to do his bidding, and essentially took over the entire facility. This information helped make sure that Tom would never leave his prison.

We had visited Tom for the first time just a month after he had been arrested.

~

Tom sat on his small bed within his glass cell when Sherlock and I arrived.

"I've already had my daily dose of Darkwood," Tom murmured without looking up from his book.

He should be grateful that his brothers still care for him. He has many luxuries that the other inmates can only dream of.

I noted that he looked quite a bit thinner (his refusal to eat when he first arrived is the cause), he also looked tired and weak.

When we didn't respond, he finally looked over. His eyes widened at the sight of me and he slowly stood up. "...Sara?"

I gulped,"...Hello, Tom."

A smile broke out on his face and he strode over to the glass wall that separated us. "I-I am so glad to see you!"

Sherlock took a small, protective step in front of me. Tom frowned, a hurt look on his face.

"I know what I did was wrong," he said, bowing his head,"But, please forgive me. I-I now see that I am unwell." He gulped and a tear slid down his cheek. He raised his head to look at his brother,"I know I do not deserve your forgiveness, but I am truly sorry. Please know that."

Sherlock eyed him coldly,"You murdered our sister, that will never be forgiven."

Tom sniffed and looked at his feet.

"But you are still my brother."

Tom looked up with wide, hopeful, eyes.

Sherlock glanced down at me then back to his brother,"We will come back to visit when we can."

Tears of joy ran down Tom's cheeks.

"Your parents were told of what happened," I told him.

He blinked with a frown forming on his face,"W-What? You told them I'm alive?"

Sherlock shook his head,"No, but we told them what you did to Eurus. Our parents deserved to know that much."

Tom lowered his gaze again. "...They must be so disappointed."

I nodded,"They are. You've caused your parents enough grief to last them a lifetime, I hope you realize that."

He nodded.

I want him to feel guilty. I want him to feel like shit for the rest of his godforsaken life! His punishment should be a lot worse than what we are giving him.

After that we left him and returned to Baker street.

~

Today I am watching Rosie while John and Sherlock are off on a case. John has moved back into 221b with us which has been... well interesting. I am glad to have him here (we have regained our previous relationship), but living with a child is something I never thought I would experience. Sherlock is new to having a child around all the time as well. Baby proofing the flat had been a nightmare, and Sherlock often leaves out his science equipment from time to time, but I don't think we would have it any other way. We love little Rosie and see her as the child Sherlock and I will never be able to have.

Rosie is now a rambunctious little two year old. I often watch over her so John can have some time for himself, or just some fun on cases with his best friend. I don't mind it, I see it as a refreshing change from what I have done for most of my long life.

Rosie and I are currently at a park in central London. It's a sunny day for once so I thought it would be nice to get her out of the flat for awhile.

I pull my hood over my face a bit more as I walk through the park with Rosie on my hip.

"Look!" Rosie shouts, pointing over to a statue.

I smile,"Oh, you want to see the statue?"

She nods vigorously,"Yes! Yes!"

I laugh and set her on the ground so she can run over to it.

"Excuse me?" Someone asks from behind me,"I think you dropped this."

My heart stops and my eyes widen. ...That voice.

I slowly turn around. He smiles, and holds out my phone to me. "Hello, Sara."

"...Tom?"

THE END!
___________________________________________________________________________________________

I can never end things nicely haha. I'm terrible.

Finally it is done. I loved writing this story and I hope you guys liked reading it. Maybe if they ever do come out with another Sherlock season then I will continue with it. But for now it is done. I am off to write big and better things. I have started writing a Tom Hiddleston AU, check it out if you are interested :)
Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments and votes :)

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!