2.Response

Youngjae stared out the car window quietly, his head laying comfortably on the chairs headrest. His eyes were squinted tiredly as he watched the street lights come and go, counting each that passed to distract himself from the gross feeling that kept lingering on his body.

The two had been driving for fifteen minutes in absolute silence. Jaebum tried to make conversation here and there, but the officers efforts were futile as Youngjae was too tired to make chitchat with someone he was still uncertain of.

x

The car eventually came to a stop. Youngjae then heard some rustling next to him, then the sound of the car door opening and shutting. The next thing he knew the officer who had brought him here was outside his window. The man knocked gently on the glass before opening the door for Youngjae.

"Hey...don't go to sleep just yet...we're here. Let's go inside."

With much difficulty the tired Youngjae heaved his body out of the car, getting whipped immediately by the cold air. He let out a shaky breath as he followed the officer indoors.

The temperature was no better inside but Youngjae took no notice to it, as something else took his attention.

The two were standing in the middle of the living room. There was an old, long black couch with creases carved in the cushions, a small dark wooden table in front of the couch with books scattered all over and a little tv just in front of that. It had a cosy atmosphere to it, one that reminded him of his own home.

Youngjae's bottom lip quivered at the thought.

He missed home...his family...Coco and the nights she would fall asleep on his lap. He hopes to return soon.

X

'Jesus Christ.' were the thoughts that went into Jaebums mind as he stepped into the house. Typical him to leave the air conditioning on.

Jaebum retracted from his thoughts as he noticed the others skin was a sickly pale colour. Obviously cold.

"Follow me." The brunette muttered before walking into a different room. His room.

He sat the boy down on the edge of the bed before opening another door, revealing a small bathroom.

Jaebum began filling the bathtub up, sitting on the rim as he waited for the warm water to rise. Once finished, he gestured with his hand for the other the come in, smiling slightly as Youngjae complied though was still very hesitant.

"I'm sorry..." Jaebum started "Your safe here but...for the next few days I'll have to be in the same room as you 24/7. Unfortunately, that means you won't have a vast amount of privacy. But like I said, it's only for the first couple of days." He explained.

"B-but I don't want my body to be seen by anyone..."

The pleading tone in the boy's soft voice made Jaebum frown at himself.

"I can't leave...but I promise I won't look."

The officer then stood up and walked to the corner of the room, facing the wall with his arms folded in front.

"When you're finished bathing there's a towel by your right and some fresh clothes to your left. I expect a knock of the bathroom door when you're done." Jaebum stated, a little too formal than anticipated.

"Okay..." Youngjae nodded, undressing himself piece by piece until his old raggedy clothes were lying lonely on the tiled floor. Slowly he slid himself into the tub.

Jaebum's ears perked at the sound of a pained hiss from behind. He guesses it's from the water touching all those cuts and grazes on the boy's body. Not that he has seen them. Jinyoung just mentioned it to him before he left with Youngjae. He told him that the boy had more scars than he could count. Jaebum was curious to how many that was.