5.Bad Luck

Flash!

Jaebum moved to another angle, kneeling down in the cold brown dirt, holding the camera that hung around his neck close to the decaying face of the corpse in front of him.

Flash!

With gloved hands he lifted the wilted white flower from the girls parted lips, inserting it into a small plastic bag, sealing it up then putting it into a box with the rest of the evidence they've found.

Flash!

He took a picture of her hair. The maple locks were deranged, tangled with twigs, grime and a few insects crawling in and out. There was something white poking through it all, the corner of a piece of lined paper. Jaebum pulled the paper out, careful not to rip it. His eyes skimmed over the running ink.

'GIVE IT BACK!

GIVE IT BACK!

GIVE IT BACK!'

Like he did with the flower, Jaebum sealed the note into a small plastic bag and placed it with the others. He sighed, grabbing the evidence box and standing up. He walked away from the body, leaving the coroners to cover it up in a body bag and drag it away on a stretcher.

"Jaebum!" Yugyeom called out, slowly walking to his leader.

"Any news?" Jaebum asked, a yawn finding its way out of his mouth.

"I've scanned the area but everything is all clear. The guy, once again, has left no trace that he was here besides the body."

Jaebum rubbed the side of his face in frustration, letting out a small groan. Damn, he was stressed. More bodies have been piling up with less and less evidence, not to mention their biggest clue was completely ignoring him.

Yugyeom could read his leaders face like an open book. He gave the brunette a pat on the shoulder.

"Have you been able to talk to Youngjae?" The taller of the two asked.

Jaebum shook his head, gentle removing the others hand from his shoulder.

"No...he won't even face me...he's either locked up in the spare bedroom, trying to avoid me at all costs, or at Jinyoungs' or your place." He said, giving a small glare at Yugyeom.

The other raised his hands in defence.

"It's not my fault. BamBam and Mark loves the guy."

"I know it's not your fault...It's no one's fault except mine." Jaebum mumbled before walking to his black work car, Yugyeom trotting along beside him.

"I'm just frustrated. The kid trusted me to keep him safe and I broke that trust. How am I supposed to earn it back?"

Yugyeom shrugged.

"Thank for the help." Jaebum muttered out sarcastically, opening the boot of his car and shoving the box in.

"Now. Where's Jackson? Shouldn't he be here too?"

Yugyeom shrugged again.

"You're not very helpful today, are you-"

Jaebums attention moved away from the younger and to the vibrating object in his jacket pocket. He pulled out the device and placed it to his ear

"Hello?"

"Yo. It's Suga."

A smile tugged at Jaebums lips. Min Yoogni or 'Suga' was a great mate of his since his school days. He was also physiologist who would always be up for helping Jaebum with any sort of case he got.