Chapter five

John was so happy at the small peck on his cheek but tried to control himself. He coughed.

"Splendid, although school could always let us have a little more. And you?"

John asked. He didn't want to tell Sherlock about the dream.
He might freak. That was alright, though.
John was satisfied with the way things were now.
He brushed one last year off Sherlock's cheek, the one that was still lingering, and laughed, kissing his cheek.

"You'll be alright now."

John shoved his hands in his coat pockets.

Sherlock chuckled at the attention the other gave him before nodding,

"I slept certainly alright."

He said a grin on his face as he walked to the school with him walking in class sitting down as the teacher glared at them for being late but continued his lesson on physics.

John sat in his seat and pulled out his notebook.
This time, he knew what he was sketching. He drew the outline of Sherlock with his nose in a book. It was hard to get the cheekbones and the curls just right, but he managed. He shaded and shaded, adding as much definition as he could to the curls. When he was satisfied with the drawing, he wrote a word in the best font he could manage in the background.
That word had more meaning than Anderson's life. John had written the word

'Damaged.'

Sherlock was paying attention the best he could ever do often writing notes. Dozing off, Sherlock wasn't the one to draw, he was the one to have more intellectual thoughts and day dreamed. As Sherlock nodded off and fell asleep in class his hand still holding his pencil the teacher ignoring the fact that Sherlock had dozed off and contained until the be rung.
Sherlock woke up startled and looked around the classroom before gathering his things gaston to avoid people in the already crowded hallways

John laughed as Sherlock snapped awake.

"Asleep in class? Tsk tsk tsk."

John grabbed his things and set off to his next class, hoping Sherlock would follow even though he had no idea what his next class was.
John dropped off unneeded materials in his lockers and picked up new ones. Same thing, every day. It got boring after awhile. Hopefully things would finally get interesting when summer came.
It seemed like such a long way away, though. For the time being, John was stuck in terrible school.

Sherlock gathered his things and followed John like a lost puppy to the next class he yawned and once in class he sat down laying his head on the desk before falling asleep not even bothering to take out a book and read before class. Anderson and Greg were being loud in the back of class once more.

John rolled his eyes when he saw Greg and Anderson joking in the corner.
He tried not to draw attention to himself and set his stuff down on his desk.
He wasn't going to sketch this period, but he also felt like he couldn't learn anything, so he just stared off into space.
How long before Anderson and Greg realized that life isn't all sunshine and roses for them?
Hopefully it was only a matter of time. It would be hilarious to see them both get held back a grade.
They'd never turned in a single homework assignment and their grades were at all-time lows.
That was something that never happened with John. He had always been a straight-A student.
He wouldn't be interrupted by social matters to ruin his future. As soon as the class started, John felt himself start to drift away.

Sherlock was asleep again during the period as the bell rang again and the school day went on and he would always follow john to the next class until school ended as sighed not wanting to go home, he looked at John and passed him a small note that said