Chapter XVI

Luretica

A scream hit the air.

Every emotion flew into my body from pack members, but anger never appeared. No one dared to argue with the Alpha. The rumours are true. He is a monster who kills for joy. I got carried away.

I ignored the red alarm in my head. However, I am marked, leaving no room for escape. I am a prisoner, trapped forever with the beast. I wanted to help, and I thought I did for a moment. But I was wrong. He is born this way and will stay like this forever.

I did not like her, but I did not want her dead. Why could she not become a prisoner? A tear dripped down my cheek. My body automatic moved toward her. As I walked over, I could feel the eyes of everyone on my neck. The only sound in the room is my light footsteps. I kneeled next to her.

Tears streamed down my face in a hurry to leave the earth. Sniffing, wiping away a few tears and pulled my mouth into a frown. Knowing that he's watching, he would be furious at me for taking her side. She will get a proper funeral. I stayed with her a while before standing up. I am their Luna, and I need to use my voice.

I turned, giving my back to Britney and watching the pack members. Eyes withhold fear and respect gave me the confidence to stand up. I did not need to look around to find Xerxes. He stood in the middle of the room, staring intensely at me. His eyes held no emotions, but the mating bond did.

I felt his pain, anger, and regret as he looked at me. I am shocked by the last one. Did he feel regret? For killer her or killing her in front of me?

Amy badly wanted him to apologise for t us and Britney, but it never happened.

We stared at each other intensely, sharing our emotions through our bond. I opened my thoughts to let him hear and feel my emotions. His face changed quickly, letting us see his emotions for a second. He looked heartbroken as his soft eyes did not dare to meet my eyes anymore.

I wanted him to feel how I felt toward him. Disappointment, betrayed and sad. I walked toward him slowly, unsure of what I am doing. But, I need to think, I thought as I walked past him. I could feel his eyes on me but ignored them. I walked upstairs, letting my legs lead me. I found the spiral stairs again that led up to the tower. My legs carried me up and stopped when seeing the golden door come into view.

I touched the XDV initials with my fingertips. The letters were carved in black and surrounded by gold. It is beautiful. I looked at the other initials seeing something is different. I pushed it slightly, but nothing happened.

I gave up and turned around, not interested anymore. However, as I turned my back, ready to leave when I hear a click. I stopped, unsure if it was me or something else.

The clicking noise continued making me turn around fast, knowing it is not me. The tree on the door changed, moving in different directions. The birds and leaves that were once there flew away as if it never there. I watched in awe as the tree changed into a symbol I could not explain.

It was a broken circle, with different shapes, and mixed with different colours. Tiny icy flowers with silver and a circle of a rose with one pearl inside of it. A bright light came out from the door. It was painful to my eyes, but I kept looking. I walked inside, feeling the adrenaline rush of excitement and adventure.

As I open the door to look inside but was left empty-handed. The room is empty with only one window. I frown as I walked further toward the window. Weird, the sun is up, but the clock said noon. The sun is high in the sky with no clouds. The forest looked quiet and lonely.

Crack

What was that? I waited a few seconds but nothing happened. Probably nothing, I thought.

Crack