Chapter X

Luretica

How could I be that stupid? Elijah mates with Jacklin and has a friend called Thanatos. Luretica? I wanted to slap myself badly right now but since Christian is here I had to remain calm. "Thanatos? Mhm no I have not heard of him. Can you say something about him?" I said. It could be another male that had the same name.

"you are really stupid" Amy applied. "I am not that stupid, I had 4.0 in high school!" I hissed back offended by her comment. "Well he is the Alpha King Thanatos, my son is his beta and they are here to look after his mate who escapes the mating game.

" Well...that says it all. I am fucked. "I told you to never run away. Now, look where it got you". I huffed at her and kept walking behind Christian trying to come up with a master plan.

"Ohhh does he have a mate? I did not know" I said with fake surprise. I am concentrating on getting as much information about my mate before I am taken. "I am as surprised as you and others. We did not think he could have a mate, and neither did he."

He did not expect to have a mate?

"mhm...poor girl. He is the devil, I only hope she will survive him" I said only to see his reaction to Christian. Will he agree? Disagree? "if you stop thinking and listening you will find out" is she cranky today? I thought she would be happy knowing we would be caught.

"I am happy, not thrilled! But, I have been talking to his wolf and let's just say he is not that thrilled"

"You what?!" I stopped quick. She talks to his wolf. No wonder why he is here, he knows I am here. This is bad, very bad. Biting my nails and hands running through the hair of stress. I can't escape knowing the she-devil has been talking with him. She betrayed me, lied and probably that was why she had been ignoring me. She had been talking to him, how could she??

"Stop freaking out, I have only spoken to him three times" I interrupted her. "You are my wolf. My best friend and I trusted you! Yet, you betrayed and went behind my back. How could you?!" and I was not done speaking. I am furious.

"I am sorry, but I had to. I want my mate" Amy said. "I do not care! You could at least stop ignoring me or told me you are speaking to him!". I am disappointed, sad and hurt. "I am sorry, Alright Is that what you want to hear?" but I ignored her not in the mood anymore to talk.

My life is about to change forever in a few minutes and I want to enjoy the feeling of being alone and free. I shout her out completely before closing my eyes breathing in and out calming myself down and trying not to hit something or someone.

"Tia? Are you okay?" A male voice in front of me asked. Well...the peace lasted longer than it thought. I boost my confidence, with a fake smile and open my eyes. Christian had a worried look and took a few steps closers toward me.

I nodded while talking waving my hands, "yeah, of course, I just wanted to enjoy nature before walking inside". Walking past him not caring if he believes me or not, he will find out the truth soon anyway. Hearing him sigh to himself before following me. We walked like this the rest of the way, in complete silence.

The house came into view, but one thing is missing. There were no cars outside the cabin. Have they yet to arrive? Or did they run in wolf form? Anyway, it does not matter. I walk toward the door hesitating if I should open it or not. But, before I got the chance engine sounds came behind me.

Too afraid to turn around I continue staring at the door, which was open the second the engine sound came by Elaine. Not noticing me and run past me toward where the cars had just parked. She and Christian were eager to meet their son again, I, however, did not.