Chapter XII

Luretica

After our little hot scene, I have been hiding from Xerxes. I am an embarrassment to face anyone right now. I never got the chance to show him the tower and the door, but I had a feeling I would soon. But, why did he think I am lying to him? Did he not know of the tower?

I walk out of the closet and into the bedroom. I know, silly of me to hide in the closet when he can smell me. But, I am not ready for mating.

When the coast is clear, I walk out of the bedroom and headed toward the tower.

I walk past the downstairs and continue straight forward. However, I stopped when I hit a wall. The wall is standing where the stairs would go up to the tower. It is gone, like non-existing. I am confused. How does a big tower disappear into thin air?

"Luna are you alright? "I heard a voice saying behind me, questioning my wellbeing. I turned to see a guard covered in black clothing with a worried look on his face. Yes, I whispered still in shock. He did not seem convinced and got a white layer or blurry over his eyes. He is mind linking, I thought.

Seconds later, Xerxes stood in front of me. Wind from his sudden movement caused my hair to dance all over. I felt arms grabbing my waist, pulling me close to a warm chest before moving fast. I got dizzy and nauseous. Abruptness, we had stopped. I open my eyes, seeing white blurry stars in my vision. I am giddy. Once I saw clearly, I saw that we had arrived at his office.

His office is all brown walls filled with bookshelves and pictures. There is a large window with black curtains aside and a black office desk in front of it. Papers were flying around the office. It smelled like my mate in here, making Amy go crazy.

She placed naughty images in my head, causing me to blush heavily. Xerxes smelled the air and looked at me with dark eyes licking his lips slowly. He began to walk toward me like a predator, but I interrupted his mission. "Xerxes" I whispered. He growled and a shiver of me said his name. "Xerxes, can you do me a favour?" I asked trying to change the topic.

He ignored me and kept walking toward me and stopped only a few meters away from me. I could smell his scent only making it worse for both of us. His eyes started to glow yellow, causing me to panic. If his wolf were to come out, I am screwed.

"XERXES!" I yelled at him, backing off onto the wall. He stopped looking at me confused. He raised his thick chestnut brown eyebrows. "i...uhm I need a favour" I asked shyly again, still confused about why he brought me here in the first place. He placed his arms in a cross, waiting for me to answer.

"I need help to find my sister, Maya" looking at him for a reaction.

He waited a few minutes to give me an answer, breathing heavily. "No," he said stern and turn his back at me walking toward his desk chair and sitting down. I looked at him blinking more than usual. "No?"

He did not meet my eyes, only looking and signing papers. Why would he not want to help me find my sister? My anger started to rise higher and I tighten my hands into a fist. "Why?" I asked unemotional and poker face. Still not meeting my eyes, he answered rudely. "Because".

Why is he an asshole? He brought me to his office from the hallway without giving me the reason why, and now he refused to help me find my sister. I huffed angrily and turned around to walk out. Before I could open the door probably, the door is slammed closed and pressing me against it. I felt his breath on my neck, taking in my scent. "Where are you going?" he is calm, too calm for my liking.

"Out" my voice is cold and careless. He sighs in my neck, turning me around and making me move away from the door and further into the room. I walked away from him and stood by the window looking out across the field seeing small pups playing hide and seek, "one day we will have our own" Amy whispered.