Chapter Ten

Jack and Lorena suddenly freeze as footsteps began to approach them.
"Gentlemen," he began as he shakes his head, takes a swig, then smashes the bottle. Jack, Lorena, and Will who was walking slowly down the stairs, jumps. "I be placed in a bewilderment. There I were, resting. And upon a sudden, I hear an ungodly row on deck," he reaches down and rubs the jewels on his sword. As he talks, the rigging moves. "Sailors abandoned their posts, without orders, without leave. Men, before the mast...taking the ship for themselves, What be that, First Mate?"
"Mutiny, Captain,"
"Again?"
"Mutiny!"
"Aye...mutiny. And what fate befalls mutineers, now we know the answer to that...do we not? Mutineers...HAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!"
Jack, Lorena, Will and the others fall forward as the ship suddenly goes full speed. Blackbeard juts his sword forward and a pirate is caught by both feet by ropes. One gets strangled around the whole body and dragged up stairs.
"JACKIE! WILL!" Lorena screams as she was being dragged by the ropes.
"LORENA!" Both of them yelled as Scrum and another pirate get tied back-to-back. A lot more pirates get tangled up in the mess. Blackbeard now moves the sword towards the left. One pirate tries to jump ship but ropes still grab him anyway. The Cabin Boy, tied around the waist, waves his arms and legs like he's swimming through the air.  Blackbeard watches with a satisfied smile on his face, setting the sword on his shoulder. Just then Jack and Lorena appears from above.
"Where's William?" She asks panting but she couldn't see him.
"Captain, my sister and I wish to report a mutiny. We can name fingers and point names,"
"No need, Mr. and Ms. Sparrow. They are sheep," he gestures to everyone with his sword, then pointing it at the two siblings. "You two, their shepherd,"
sheathes sword and Jack falls down.
"What about me sister?" He asks as Lorena was still caught by the ropes.
"Ah yes your dear sister. She's very beautiful indeed," Blackbeard says as him and Angelica go down the stairs to go over to Jack.
"Have I mentioned, sir, what a lovely daughter you have?"
He pulls his pistol on him causing Lorena to gasp, but then he points it to  Lorena as her eyes widened. "A fitting last sight for a doomed soul. I know how much she means to you Jack, but because of your erragant ways your sister has to die,"
"NO!" Jack shouts as he placed it on her head.
"Are you prepared to die Lorena Sparrow in place of your brothers death?"
"Yes. I'm willing to do anything to keep Jack safe even if it means death,"
"NO DONT PLEASE ITS MY FAULT NOT HERS! SHE WAS JUST FOLLOWING ME!" Jack shouts as tears almost escapes his eyes.
"Jackie I love you don't forget me," Lorena says closing her eyes.
"Remember, Father. We need him. Both of them,"
"If I don't kill someone every now and then, they forget who I am and Jack's sister is the perfect thing to kill. He'll suffer for the rest of his miserable life,"
"COWARD!" Lorena heard someone yell as she opened.her eyes to see the pistol no longer at her head.
She looks down at Jackie as she nodded her head telling him he's alright as he nodded his and wiped his eyes causing her to smile. She knew how much Jack cared for her and it's the fact that he was going to cry got her the most because Jack Sparrow never crys.
"Hmm?"
Philip was advancing towards them.
"They do not forget! Your crew sees you for the miscreant you are! A COWARD! No matter how many you slay! And how could you try and slay a woman? That's low down even for you!"
The Quartermaster holds a sword to make him stay back.
"Twice in one day, I find myself in a bewilderment,"
"You are not bewildered, you are afraid. You dare not walk the path of righteousness, the way of the light,"
"No, sir, the truth of it be much simpler than all that. I'm a bad man. I kill what I want, whoever I want and right now I want Jack's sister dead, but I might have to kill you too, catechist," he points pistol at him.
"NO! Angelica screams as she pushes his arm down.
"Oh, Latin blood, like her mother!"
"Father, I beg you! You can't kill either of them!"
"Ah, there I be again, forgetting why the missionary was here. My daughter fears for my soul, what's left of it. You truly wish to save me, my child,"
"Every soul can be saved,"
"Be that true, young cleric?"
"Yes. Though you I see as a bit of long shot. Still, I pray for every unfortunate soul on this hellbound vessel,"
"You disarm me with your faith. Eight bells! Which of you unfortunate souls stood watch?"
He says as Jack gets up.
"That be William Turner he stood watch,"
"JACK!" Lorena shouted shock in her voice.
"Which one of you be William Turner?"
"That be me sir!" He shouted from the back.
"Ah, you be the cur that I sunk the ship," he says as he chuckles and shakes his head
"Gunner?" The Gunner glances at the Cook, entangled in the ropes. Blackbeard looks in the same direction. "You?"
"Aye,"
Jack looks up and around nervously as Lorena was still in disbelief that he'd try to get William killed.
"Aye, the Cook. Perfect. Lower the longboat!"
"Bring her about!"
The Quartermaster turns the wheel, and the bow faces the longboat.
"Why do you do this?!"
"Mutiny. Our laws be clear,"
"Our laws allow the captain to show leniency like you did for Jack's sister,"
" Don't think for a second that I won't kill her the minute I have the chance. I have given this man a chance to determine his fate. A gift not afforded to all,"
Everyone watches as the Cook tries to row away desperately.
"So, you, now... A chance to show the worth of your prayers. Pray he be delivered from...evil?" "COURSE MADE!"
"STOP! GIVE THAT MAN A CHANCE! GIVE YOURSELF-"
Just then, Greek fire flares out, the Cook ducks but it's useless. Blackbeard smiles evilly, Angelica and Philip looking on in disbelief. Angelica walks away.
"You know when I feel closest to our Maker? When I see suffering, pain, and anguish. That's when the true design of this world is revealed,"
"And I see it revealed when in times of hardship and tragedy, kindness and compassion are shown to those in need,"
"Perhaps you should pray for him to be unharmed, yes?"
"Please, there's still hope-"
"AGAIN!" Greek fire blazes out once again at the already-burning boat, the firelight reflected in Jack and the crew's faces.