Chapter Seventeen

"Now what?" Barbossa asked as he tosses a Chalice to her.
"We stroll out, slow and steady. Just like we belong,"
"But you are a female they will easily catch us,"
Lorena groaned as she was going to regret the next plan she had in mind.
"That's why your going to pretend that I'm your wife and you were giving me a tour around the camp and tell them I couldn't be apart from you so that's why you brought me along,"
Lorena groaned again as Barbossa had the biggest grin on his face.
"Well Wifey should we get a move on?" He asks putting an arm around her shoulder as he pulled her into him closer.  "You know I enjoy you being this close to me,"
"Your making me regret this," Lorena said as they walk out of the camp, Barbossa does his signature salute to a passing soldier. He glances at the girl suspisously.
"What is a female doing in this camp soldier?"
"My wife didn't want to be left alone again tonight so I brought her with me we've been away from each other quite sometime isn't that right dear?" He asked kissing Lorena's cheek as she tries so hard not to gag.
"Yes darling," Lorena said as the guard started walking away but he turns around, and they begin to fight and soon lots of them join in. At one point Barbossa spits on one of them. Lorena and Barbossa sheathe their swords and run for it, but they run into lots of soldiers.
"How's that escape route workin'?" Lorena asked as the two were tied to a tree.
"Here's your chance to improvise love. What would your brother be doing if he were here?"
"I'm attempting it," Lorena responds as Barbossa unscrews his peg leg. "I might be able to get a hand loose. Oh, you've got a knife! That's very good,"
Barbossa pulls out the cork with his mouth.
"Better love," he says as he starts drinking from the leg.
"I want one of those. I don't believe I had one since I left my ship,"
Barbossa hands the leg carefully over to her.
"Here's to revenge. Sweet and clear,"
"Revenge? And I don't believe you ever told me the story of how is it your not bound to the Dutchman,"
"Well Hector maybe I just don't trust you enough to tell you. And if you wanted the Chalices, you'd seen they were missing and gone. You were lying in wait. For Blackbeard,"
"And here I thought you and I were getting along with each other love,"
Lorena hands the leg back.
"I'm going to need you to stop calling me Love, only certain people are allowed to and your not one of them. Anyways King George, privateer. Wig. Cheap theatrical facade. Not buying it,"
"You weren't there that night Lorena nor was Jack,"
"When our Pearl was lost you mean by the hands of you?" She snapped lowering her eyes at him.
"Taken. Not lost. We were off the coast of Hispaniola when we came under attack. No provocation nor warning nor offer of parley. We were peppered with cannonfire. And then the sea beneath the Pearl began to roil. The Pearl was pitching and yawing violently. Every plank, every rail, every spar all at once began to creak! The rigging had come to life! Our own ship turned against us! Tangling the crew, wrapping around them like snakes! And wrapping around my leg but me arms were free and my sword was at hand. I am the master of my ship, not Blackbeard. I am the master of my fate, NOT Blackbeard! So I did what needed done," he pauses as he takes a long drink, then had a triumphant sort of look on his face. "I survived,"
"So. You're not after the Fountain? And that's not your ship Jackie and I had it first,"
"I care not for King George or tavern yarns that give hope for a healed limb. But I'd give my left arm for a chance at Blackbeard," he says ignoring her comment about the ship belonging to the two sibilings.
"Not your right? Barbossa I may not like you but that doesn't mean I don't care. Blackbeard is a harsh one you could die," she said causing him to chuckle.
"Good to know that you care love but I need me good arm to drive my poisoned blade through his...heart. Now I told you my story what's yours and the Dutchman's?"
Lorena smirks as her hands are now free, she rubs them.
"A story for another day I suppose and I'll see you get the chance, mate," she says as she wiggles her fingers.
Lorena climbs upwards to a palm tree, still tied by the waist. She disappears. Barbossa looks around his tree, keeping watch. But he's also impressed with the girl at the same time, although he may never have her he still finds a reason as to why he's in love with her to begin with. Several guards wander around the camp. Barbossa watches as Lorena reaches the top. The tree sways side to side, and she unties herself, ties the rope to a coconut. She swings it around and around like a cowgirl, then the coconut latches onto a faraway tree. Using all her  strength be that a girl could have, Lorena pulls it towards her. The Spanish see what's going on.
"The prisoner is escaping! She is escaping!"
Finally, Lorena lets go of the rope, and catapults into the air. She lands onto another tree.
"SHE'S ESCAPING! Fan out! Find her!"
All the guards take their swords and spread out.
"Hold your fire! I want her alive! And men do what you will once we seize her!" He said causing them to cheer.
Meanwhile, Groves appears in front of Barbossa.
"I figured that was the signal. That girl she's a smart one," he says as he gives him his effects and cuts the ropes.
"She is a Sparrow after all," Barbossa says chuckling.
The Spanish guards reach another tree, and suddenly coconuts pelt them. Some get knocked out. Lorena appears, and swings hitting several soldiers. Drops down; as she runs, she trips them, and wounds them around and around a tree. Disappears. Barbossa, Groves, and the crew were making their escape.
"Go! Prepare to move out!"
"The enemy is soon upon us! I'm sorry about the Chalices, love, but I've an appointment to keep. I'll not be going back,"
"No need," she grins as she shows him the Chalices. "Shall we have a drink Barbossa?"
"We'll drink at the Fountain! And maybe a date after that," he grins as she rolls his eyes.
"Way to kill the mood Barbossa," she grumbles as the crew began to leave causing him to laugh.