Chapter Thirteen

"All hands on deck! Set to the longboats! Lay 'em out flat! No tangles! Make 'em look...pretty for our dainty guests. We're going to need light. A lot of light. Come!" He told Lorena, Will, and Jack.
They all climb up wooden steps to the lighthouse.
"Smell that? Whale oil. Stuff burns like a miracle from God," Salaman said.
"Can you make it work?"
"Made by the English! Let's not get our hopes up,"
Angelica goes over to The Sibilings as she rolled her eyes when she saw Turner holding Lorena's waist.
"The old moon in the arms of the new one. First of the summer. Perfect for hunting a mermaid's tear,"
"A mermaids tear?" Lorena asked confused.
Angelica smirked.
"Oh? Did your darling brother not tell you about the ritual?"
"No he didn't,"
"Well looks like you two have loads to talk about," she said walking away causing Lorena to roll her eyes.
"And to think I used to call her my best friend," she mumbled causing Will to chuckle as he held on tightly to her.
"Have I told you how much I love you?"
"And have I told you how much I love you?" She asked back causing Jack to shudder.
"Please don't do that lovey dovy stuff in front of me it's disgusting,"
"Oh Jack your just jealous cause Angelica can't treat you this way," Lorena teased causing Jack to glare at her.
"How many times do I have to tell you Lorena I don't feel anything for her,"
"Why do you keep denying yourself brother? It's pretty obvious your still in love with her,"
"Lorena dear, I'm not like you. I don't settle down with just one person,"
"If it's true love you will,"
"I don't even believe in that stuff,"
"Me and Will are deeply in love with each other you and Angelica can do the same if you'd give her the chance,"
"Well bloody good for the both of you because when you two are married you'll end up leaving me!" Jack shouted as Lorena's face soften.
"Jack is this what this is about? Your afraid that I'll leave you,"
"I've already lost two years without you Lorena now I'm going to lose you for good if you marry Turner, your the only family I have left," he mumbled as Lorena sighed.
"Jack-"
"OUT UPON IT! IT HAS BEGUN!" Blackbeard shouted as Will and Lorena each gave worried looks.
"Nets into the water! Quickly!" Lorena heard Angelica yell as  some pirates bring out a huge net. Mermaids are already at the gunpowder barrel boats, tip them over as the pirates escape. Purser drops his barrel but is stuck in the boat as it flips over. The boat explodes upon impact, mermaids fleeing from it.  Blackbeard's watches the madness, rubs the sword's jewels. Soon the QAR arrives, shoots the Greek fire at the mermaids. The mermaids all swim towards the shoreline to escape the flames.
"A gold doubloon to the man who spots the first! Do not be greedy. We need but a single one!"
It gets nastily quiet as the pirates hold the net. Just then something whips by in the darkness, a pirate gets dragged away. Soon more and more get tangled up in seaweed whips thrown by the mermaids.
"Retreat, all! To land! For your lives!" Lorena shouted leaving Will's side to stand next to Jack. "Retreat, I say! Now!" She shouted as Blackbeard shoves Lorena aside causing her to stumble as Jack caught her and glared at Blackbeard. 
"Cowards! Back in the water! There be no refuge on land!" He shouted as he takes out pistol and points it to Lorena. "On my word! OR I'LL SHOOT LORENA SPARROW!"
Jack pushed her behind him quickly causing Blackbeard to turn to him.
"I guess you'll have to shoot me to get to her mate and there is no going to the Fountain," Jack growls as Blackbeard rolled his eyes and pointed his pistol at the Pirates as he shot one but barley missed him.
Jack and Lorena watches as a huge crowd of mermaids come swimming over. On the dock a seaweed whip latches onto one of the stakes. The pier collapses, Angelica, Lorena and Jack fall down. Angelica tries to crawl away from the danger, reaching for Jack's hand. A seaweed whip latches onto her boot. She watches as a mermaid tries to pull her into the water. Lorena immediately stands up and slashes away at the whip, cutting Angelica free. She looks up at her in shock as shd extends her hand.
"Come on!" She exclaimed as she helps her to her feet; stares at the lighthouse. She runs along the bridge as mermaids attack it. A whip takes away her sword; jumps over an attacking mermaid. The mermaid hisses and snatches the air at her. Dodges more mermaids and trips, kicks a mermaid backwards, then continues onward. Meanwhile Philip and the others make it to nearby rocks. Philip lies down in exhaustion. Lorena finally makes it to the lighthouse, glances around, grabs a large wooden stick and bangs away at the oil compartment. At the lighthouse, finally, oil leaks out, right onto the fire. Lorena drops the stick and heads towards the window. Just as the lighthouse explodes, she jumps out and lands into the water below.
Lorena is seen underwater, watching the mermaids swimming away.
She surfaces, a mermaid is right in front of her. She spreads her arms in greeting.
"Marina. It's so good to see you," Lorena began as she smiled but stopped as she slapped her.
"You could have died Lorena Sparrow what were you thinking?!" She asked angry at her friend.
"Sorry but all of your mermaid friends tried killing us I had to do something,"
"Just try not to do anything stupid next time. Between you and your brother your both idiots," she says swimming away as Lorena rolled her eyes at her.
"Did everyone see that? Because I will NOT be doin' it again!" Lorena shouts as she came out soaking wet.
Jack and Will both ran over to her.
"WHAT IN BLOODY HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" They both shouted causing Lorena to roll her eyes.
"For two people that hate each other y'all act more alike than you'll admit,"
"Lorena you could have been hurt," Will says with a worried look.
"I'm fine I'm just soaked,"
"Back to the ship. We head for a protected cove. Now,"
Angelica throws Lorena her sword, having recovered it. Blackbeard sees that gesture, but moves on anyway.
A/n: okay the reason why it took so long was because this scene was hard to write trying to put in Will, Lorena, and Jack in one scene but it's going to move on regularly now. Sparrow's Sister is number 233 in Fanfiction! To celebrate I'm going to update later tonight cause I'm seeing Transformers  tonight so until later tonight happy reading!