The Player's Game

Slade Quinn. His dark hair, piercing bluish green eyes, natural sun tanned skin, and muscular build makes my head spin. He stands with his jeans hanging loosely around his waist, his thumbs tucked in his belt loops, and his buddies in front of him laughing. Marcus Quinn, Tyler Jackson, Kaleb Stone, and Jordan Tucker. I rolled my eyes at their loud laughter. They were supposed to go fishing over an hour ago. What are they still doing around? I looked out the back door once more as my best friend, Ace, stood behind me laughing.

"They still here?" I nodded as he stuffed another Oreo in his mouth as I grabbed one as well before hopping up to sit on the counter.

"I don't see what the problem is. You look great in that bikini so what if you have a scar?"

"It's not about if I have a scar or not, people always mention it. Its about where the scar came from Ace." I said as he shrugged and went to my fridge for some milk.

"You still haven't told me. Plus its barely noticeable."

"Yeah well guess what?"

"Changing the subject again. What?" He asked as I smiled.

"It's movie night. Romance or horror?"

"Uh hold that thought guess what?"

"What?" I asked as I chuckled at him. He was easily distracted and probably saw a bird or something.

"Your brother and his friends are headed this way."

"Funny joke. Okay for real romance or horror?" I asked again as the back door opened, I immediately cringed. He wasn't joking.

"Hey little sis." Jordan said walking straight to the fridge. I turned my head to see the other four boys come through the back door.

"Whoa. You didn't tell us your sister was going to be here." Marcus said as I rolled my eyes and turned back to Ace who chuckled.

"Sick scar Jacer." Kaleb said motioning to the thin scar across my lower back. I glared at Ace with one of those faces that said "Told you so." He just shrugged.

"Where did that come from?" Tyler asked grinning and walking towards the pizza that sat on the counter from Ace's lunch.

"Hey JT." Slade said with a sly smirk as he came to stand in front of me. He immediately flickered his eyes to my stomach which held another scar. Then he brought his blue green eyes up to mine before flicking them at the scar on my left temple. We stared at each other intently as he reached a hand beside me. I immediately followed his hand with my eyes trying to scoot away. His hand snatched at an Oreo as I instinctively slapped it.

"Those are mine." I said as he leaned his face closer to mine. Challenging me.

"You shared with Ace." He whispered trying to flirt and sound sexy but I raised an eyebrow.

"And."

"Sharing is caring." He stated as I leaned closer to him.

"Guess I don't care about you then." I snapped as he smirked.

"Oh baby please, you care a whole lot about me." He winked which made me want to hit him in the face even more.

"Yeah right. I care more about how Marcus is going to get his hand chopped off if he sticks his hand down that drain more than I care about you." I said as Marcus quickly pulling his hand out the sink and moved away shrugging.

"I dropped my Oreo." Was Marcus's reply.

Slade stepped closer to me smirking. "Oh I could make you fall for me in the snap of a finger." He said snapping his finger for effect as I rolled my eyes not amused by him even the slightest bit.

"Oh your so right Slade. I so fell for you when you snapped your fingers, will you marry me?" I replied sarcastically in a super high pitched girly voice as everyone but him and I laughed.

"I will marry you Jacer Marie Tucker." He snarled leaning in as if he would kiss me. He was almost there when I pulled away.

"As if." I snarled as he chuckled.

"See putty in my hands." He mumbled not moving away as I glared at him before smirking.

"The player will get hurt one day." I whispered as he glared at me.

"Why do you call me a player?" I hopped down landing right in front of him. His body slightly pressing against mine as my whole body screamed to run and get as far away from him as possible but I stayed put.

"Why do you play games with girls?" I asked as he stepped back a tiny baby step.

"Why do you hide behind Ace and your brother?" I forced myself to step towards him closing the tiny gap as he narrowed his eyes at me even more.

"Why are you so rude?"

"Do you always answer a question with a question?" He furrowed his brow as I shrugged.

"Why don't you stop playing games?"

"Never." He whispered almost inaudible as I stepped slightly back hitting the counter but he closed the gap this time.

"Then lets play a game." I said mentally kicking myself but too much in the moment to go back on my words.

"What kind of game?"

"The Player's Game." I whispered as he looked at me confused and tilted his head back slightly. It was then I noticed the foot and a half height difference.

"And what is the players game Jace?"

"I guess you will have to wait and see." I whispered as he leaned closer.

"Now come on JT. You've gotta tell me." I debated it as he rested one hand on each one of my sides on top of the granite counter.

"Nah. Its more fun this way." I winked as he frustratingly turned and walked away. The guys all stood staring at me as he walked out the back door.

"Uh see you later Jacer." Marcus yelled over his shoulder as he ran after his cousin.

"Nice job." Tyler said smirking as he followed.

"I want to know the game. I will even play it with you." Kaleb winked as Jordan pushed him out the back door.

"We will be back around seven to have movie night with yall." My brother said as I groaned and kicked the counter.

"Nice job JT. I cannot believe you just did that." Ace said as I shook my head.

"I can't either. I can't either Ace." He chuckled as I sunk against the counter.

"So the player's game?" He asked as I shrugged.

"I have no idea. Let's just go swimming." I said as he followed me out the backdoor.