Day One of Visiting Home

"Right there." I pointed out half excited and half nervous as he finally pulled into my driveway. I could see the outline of seven guy shadows. Once Todd parked I stepped out and was immediately engulfed in a surprising hug from Jordan. "Hey Jor." I squealed as he laughed and smiled setting me back on my feet. "Hey JT. I missed you." "I missed you too, big brother." I gave him another hug before Ace intercepted me. "My best friend is back." He yelled as I smiled. "Yeah im back Acey." I whispered as Tyler, Kaleb, and Marcus all gave me a big hug with a smile. Uncle J came next. I had hugged everyone except Slade but he stayed grounded where he was so I smiled and turned to Todd. "Oh guys this is Todd. Todd this is my uncle J, Jordan, Marcus, Tyler, Kaleb, Ace, and Slade." He waved to all of them and shook hands as he picked up one of my suitcases. He was about to pick up the other but Slade beat him to it. "I got it." Slade mumbled angrily as Todd nodded and picked up his own suitcase. I showed him his room before Slade took my suitcase from Todd's hands. "I can do it Slade." "I got them. Now go." I rolled my eyes as a knock sounded on the door. A second later Jordan yelled filling the house with noise. But my smile immediately fell from what I had heard. "Slade it's Alissa." "Just a minute." He yelled as he set my bags in my room. "Thanks." I said as he waited a second before pulling me into a hug. I didn't hug back but he held me tighter. "Its nice to have you back." "Yeah." I sighed knowing I wouldn't be staying already. They were happy. And I was happy in California. It would be better if I went back, right? At least everyone seemed happier. I unpacked and stepped out into the living room to see Slade on the couch with his arm wrapped around a pretty red head. "Oh JT this is Alissa. Alissa this is JT, Jordan's sister. And her friend Tim." "Todd." I corrected as Todd smiled over at me and put an arm around my shoulders. "Does, oh man, I forgot his name. The kid I met the day I decided to leave. He had just moved in." "She must be talking about Trent." Jordan muttered as Tyler nodded and spoke. "Yeah he lives over on Pickett." I nodded as Marcus smirked. "So you two a thing?" He asked pointing at Todd and I. I just looked up at Todd and half smiled as a blush crept up my neck. "Nah." Todd said as he kissed my cheek. I saw a hint of jealousy and anger in Slade. That was something Todd always did. We were nothing more than best friends. I mean he wants more but im not ready. I still love Slade. "So you left here and automatically hooked up with him or you waited a while?" Slade asked as my jaw dropped. "No. We never hooked up." Todd said as I looked at Jordan, Tyler, Ace, Kaleb, and Marcus who all looked uncomfortable. "Its not like you would care anyway." I shot back as Ace, Tyler, Kaleb, and Marcus all stood up and muttered excuses of why they had to leave before darting out the door. "Bull and you know it." I pushed my bottom lip out as he smirked, happy that he had called my bluff. "As if. Your the one who walked away." I muttered. "What?" He almost yelled as I shot my eyes up at his bluish green ones. His dark hair had grown out since I saw him, he looked tired and drained. He didn't look like the confident Slade that left me standing there with tears in my eyes or the boy I left when I went to California. "You walked away from me. Remember that." I harshly spat out as I settled myself under Todd's arm. "You started the game, JT. Not me. Make sure you remember that. You played with fire. You got burned." "But I didn't get scarred like you." I muttered as he rolled his eyes and scoffed. "That's the Jacer I know. That's the JT that I had before." He smirked as I realized he was only working me up to see if I had became me. Which I had, a different version since I won't ever be the same, but I was me again. It infuriated me. He infuriated me. "So movie night, like old times?" Jordan asked as I shrugged. He popped a random movie in before he passed out bowls of popcorn and took a seat in between Todd and the arm rest making me have to scoot closer to Slade. "Don't get too scared baby girl." He whispered in my ear as Alissa scooted closer into his chest until she was practically on top of him. I just rolled my eyes and watched the movie.

It wasn't a bad movie. I stepped out at the end to get a breath of fresh air. Plus I really wanted to see the backyard since I hadn't in a while. I also wanted to walk a trail or two. I began walking one when someone stepped in synch with me. "So for real, California was good?" I nodded as he smiled his boyish grin. "How have you been?" "Good. You?" "Good. You didn't talk to me while you were away." I shrugged. Neither of us spoke for a while as we walked perfectly in synch with each other. "You didn't call or text either." I finally shot back. "I was busy." He said carelessly. "Me too." I muttered shrugging as if I didn't care as he looked over at me. "Your hair got longer. And you got tanner. And more muscular. And skinnier. Were they feeding you?" He asked jokingly as I nodded. "I just ran and worked out with Stephen and Todd everyday. Morning and night. It was actually fun." I mumbled as he looked away. "Todd, huh?" I shook my head. "It isn't like that." "You promise?" I just nodded as he looked over at me and stopped walking. "I missed you a lot. I'm so sorry JT. I still have feelings for you. I never stopped." I looked down at the ground. "Thought you had Alissa." "No way. She wants to make your brother jealous." "Doesn't look like Jordan cares about her." Slade just shook his head. "He doesn't. There's this brunette Cindy that has him wrapped around her finger. He's asking her to be his girlfriend on their next date." I nodded as he lifted my chin with his thumb and index finger. "I still love you, Jace." I swallowed as he walked away leaving me all alone again. "I still love you too." I whispered into the wind for no one to hear but me.