8.

Age: 24

Location: Favorite restaurant

Five years into our relationship and Kellin and I are still going steady, our relationship being as close as you can get to perfect. Sure we've had our disagreements and we have had our fights but it's never been anything we can't solve, also the make up sex is always great.

Actually Kellin's and mine's relationship is going so well that tonight is the night I'm planning on proposing to him. I've taken him to our favorite restaurant where we had one of our first dates. On that specific date our relationship had gotten pretty serious and Kellin joked about how one day I would have to take him back here to propose. I'm convinced he forgot about this but I never did, so tonight I'm going to ask Kellin Quinn to marry me.

Kellin and I have only been at the restaurant for a short period of time. We recently got here and are currently looking through the menus for something to eat. I keep sneaking glances at Kellin, trying to look for any sign of him knowing what I'm about to do but his focus is completely at the menu.

I try to shake some nerves off of me and keep looking down at the menu, trying to not give myself away by acting all weird. Though this plan goes up in flames as I hear a familiar voice say a familiar last name.

"Reservation for Hills" Oh you have got to be kidding me..

"Oh shit" I hear Kellin mutter and I look up at him and realize that he heard that voice as well and is staring in the direction of the voice.

Not actually wanting to but doing it anyway I turn my gaze in the same direction and yep, that's Justin. Kellin's ex boyfriend from college shows up to the same restaurant as us, the one specific night that I was gonna propose.

The thing is, it doesn't stop there. Today is really not my day as I see who is standing next to Justin, holding his hand and obviously is more than just a friend to him; is Matty. Well isn't this just great..

I look back at Kellin who is already giving me a worried look that I honestly don't know how to respond to. Because what the hell are you supposed to do in a situation like this? Just when I thought the night could not go any worse the waiter leads the two of them over to the table directly next to mine and Kellin's, only a few feet away from us.

By now they have both seen Kellin, who's face has turned a crimson color as a prominent blush is covering his face.

"Kellin?" both Matty and Justin exclaim at the same time, first staring at Kellin and then staring at each other as they realize that they both know him.

"You know him?" Matty questions Justin who's turn it now is to blush. Just like for me this probably wasn't his ideal date, running in to your ex that you cheated on.

I just sit there in silence, not knowing what to do and silently praying to whatever higher power there is in the universe for some kind of distraction or just about anything that would help and make this situation less awkward.

Thankfully a waitress comes up to our table, asking for our orders. With a sigh of relief I let Kellin tell his order first before telling her mine, speaking extra slowly cause I don't want her to leave the table. Once the waitress has left I carefully look over at Matty and Justin from the corner of my eye and see that they have sat down together and starting talking. From the awkward, confused and almost slightly annoyed looks on their faces I can only assume that they have just found out what relation the other had to Kellin.

Kellin himself is looking down on his hands that he has on the table, looking really uncomfortable making me feel bad about bringing him here. Of course I din't know those two would show up but I still feel bad. No matter if it's your fault or not you always feel bad when Kellin's upset, it's what his sad puppy eyes does to you.