(2)일

The morning after, you were surprised yet unshaken by the fact that your schedule was stuck to your cheek via saliva and as the alarm screeched in your ear, you rolled over, groggily and half-asleep onto the ground, entangled in blankets. The clock came down with you and landed on the back of your skull with just enough weight to wake you up, now with a slight headache. But hey, it did its job.

"Can't be late..." you mumbled to yourself, standing up and scratching your head as you shuffled into your closet. Most of the things were still in boxes but Rey had managed to drag everything to where it rightly belonged.

JamNight's uniform was business casual and you were proud to know how to iron and sew for the occasions of when fitting clothing failed. Today, for your first day, you decided to go with something new that your mother had bought before you'd left for South Korea.

So, you went with dark skinny jeans, a sheer white collared blouse, a navy blue striped blazer and blue heels to match. Your feet ached to wear the black converse instead but you promised that you'd take them with for when your shift ended.

"Hair, makeup, breakfast..."

Your hair, long enough to reach your shoulders, miraculously cooperated with you and in good spirits you lightly curled it, spraying any fly away hairs down. As for your makeup: simple, neutral and natural. Just enough to accent your cheekbones, bright eyes and full lips.

"Breakfast," you grinned as you recalled how stocked the kitchen was --courtesy of JamNight-- and dove into the fridge, pulling out the essentials to make scrambled eggs and toast. Everything, of course, was written in Hangul, but 4 years of Korean came in handy when you were trying to see if the milk was milk or creamer. By the time you were munching on the last bit of toast, watching the local news in hopes of brushing up on your conversational skill, it was already time to go. The train station was only a few blocks away and after that, a thirty-minute ride up north.

You snatched your leather backpack and keychain with the train pass between your lips and hurried out towards the elevators. You'd text your mom during your lunch and ignored the 26 messages for now-- she'd understand, after all, she never replied to her texts either.

-

Rey had given you an all access pass before he left so you could go straight to Mr. Jung, where you'd be given your first task. As you stepped through the front glass double-doors, a woman with a bright smile and tray full of treats walked up to you, halting you in your tracks abruptly.

"Joh-eun achim, snacks?" she asked, emphasizing her offer with a shake of her tray. In all honesty, you were really full and not in the mood to have crumbs all over your face as you met your boss, but she seemed eager and you were to kind to say no. So, you snatched up a cookie and bowed your head slightly before looking for the elevator to reach the eighth floor. Heads turned as the American young woman clicked through the halls, clearly new, but you didn't pay them much attention since you were more focused on how nice the decor was. Green plants, neon frames, gridded tile...

South Korean JamNight was a lot fancier than American JamNight.

"Ah! (L/n)-ssi!"

At the sound of your name, you turned around and saw Rey waving you over and you smiled, relieved to see a familiar face. Besides him was a tall man in a crisp black suit with a woman that seemed slightly annoyed, judging by how she glanced at her watch, phone and then clipboard as you made your way over. You bit your lip and hoped she wasn't anyone too important.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is (Y/n) (L/n), the new foreign intern," you said, offering your hand to both the man and woman with a head nod. Rey beamed as the man took your hand with a smile and even the woman paused from her compulsive checking to do the same.