(7) 사촌

Never, in your intern career, had you been so anxious for the workday to end. It was always more so of a focus that kept you busy way past the last hour until it slipped by without much of a warning and security was forced to politely ask you to leave. Today, however, you'd finished early and been desperately trying to find anything else to do... anything.

You supposed you could lie and say you had too much work to go. Reorganizing a desk was time-consuming, after all.

As you debated whether the blue mouse pad matched better with the chair than the black one, the landline rang and you absentmindedly picked it up, not really checking the caller ID since your eyes were elsewhere. Blue matched with silver, right?

"(F/n), someone is waiting for you at the front, your cousin, I'm being told."

Your eyebrows furrowed and you switched the receiver over to your other ear, setting down the mouse pad and snatching up your keys and purse.

"I'll be right there," you said quickly, "thank you."

There was no cousin that liked you enough to go halfway around the world, and if one did, it'd be for an emergency or petty cash.

You sped past Ray in the next hall over, giving him a quick wave as he tried to ask if you were busy later but failed to hear him in time. It wasn't until you reached the front desk did you pause and start thinking of the chances of even having a cousin in Korea at all. No one really knew you were here besides your mom.

Past the desk and security guard, a guy wearing a baseball navy-blue cap, dark rimmed sunglasses, and high neck black sweater stood, waiting. When the clicks of your heels echoed through to both him and the guard, he looked up and started making his way towards you, a smile growing on his face. You faltered and took a step back.

The man was taller than you and seemed to find it amusing when you froze slightly, finally reaching you and be close enough to speak without being heard by the guard.

"We told you to tell us when you finished work," his deep voice chuckled. Shivers went down the back of your neck. "We've just been waiting."

Your eyes went wide and you stiffened.

"V, what the hell are you doing here?" you hissed in English after collecting yourself, snatching his arm to push him into a smaller but much more secluded lounge. He stumbled slightly, letting out a few more chuckles before pushing up the glasses.

"Korean, please," he waved a finger in front of him and you slapped it down with a frown. V winced and pouted.

"How did you even know I was finished?" you asked, hands in the air. A pair of feet walked by and you quickly made sure to have V face away from the entranceway. When the unwanted audience left, he smiled and tugged the cap off, running a hand through his hair to ruffle it slightly.

"Online," V told you simply, shrugging, "it says open from eight to seven."

His grin widened when you stood baffled at the fact. Your lips parted to tell him something smart, something to make him feel less smug than he currently clearly was, but after a second, you let out a heavy sigh and gave up, sagging your shoulders slightly in defeat. In a sense, you could feel that trying to argue with V would be like arguing like a child.

"Are you taking me there or should I drive myself?" you asked, hand on your hip. You let your weight shift onto your left leg and waited for V's response somewhat impatiently, unaware of the fact that he'd hurried to adjust the sunglasses back on so he could stare at you without making it awkwardly obvious.

That pose you'd struck suddenly made him want to see you walk down a runway.

"I can take you," he insisted, smiling widely once more before lifting up the neck of the sweater to hide his face again, "One of us can drop you off at home later and have your car back there too."

You hummed, rolling your eyes at his logic. He, of course, found his reasoning to be rock solid and didn't register your doubt whatsoever, linking his arm with his to start hauling you outside with a pep to his step. You nearly tripped over your own shoes and stumbled, waving goodbye to the security guard who wasn't really paying any attention.

"Is there anything you guys can't do?" you huffed. The sun had begun to set though you couldn't help but squint at the change from bright fluorescent lighting to dim sunlight. V led you expertly behind the alleyway and back towards a hidden street, now able to uncover himself away from the public eye.

"We can't speak English fluently yet," he shrugged and waved his arm towards the black limousine, parked and ready to go. Your jaw dropped as he opened the door for you, shocked at the length he went to come get you. When you stepped inside, V followed closely behind and gave himself enough room to spread his legs, patting the spot in front of him for you to sit nearby.

"Also, Namjoon-Hyung sucks at dancing, so there's that," he added in. Your eyes widened and you choked back a laugh, hand going to cover your mouth quickly before it could come out. In a way, you didn't want to offend him, but the way V said it still made a chuckle break through.

V smirked and glanced out the window, hand at his chin. You took this as a sign to keep the talking to a minimum and relaxed into the silence, your work stress fading away as you let your eyes close. The car ride lasted a little bit over a half hour, and as you dozed off, V's eyes would every so often glance your way through the car window, unable to help himself. You just looked so at ease, slumped against the leather interior that couldn't compare to your regular couch back at the apartment. He found you... cute.

It was only when the car lurched forward to a stop that you woke up, immediately raising your hand to wipe away any drool that could've dripped out. It took you a second to realize where you were and why you were sitting beside a large container with sparkling wine, but V's laugh brought you back, making you flush.

"Let's go," he said, hopping out of the limo and out towards the group that was waiting out by the side door, each wearing perfectly styled clothes that matched with each piece... except for RapMon, who was wearing a pink baseball cap and long jean overalls. Honestly, he resembled a farmer more than an idol but each to his own; how could you judge a model status?

"Finally, I thought you'd never show," Jungkook said to V as he ran up the steps, hitting him on the back. The maknae wore a loose white button up shirt and timberlands. Awkwardly, you stood and waved shyly, wondering if you were just going to be watching from the sides.

J-Hope seemed to catch on to your uncertainty and grinned, rushing up to you and offering his arm.

"I'm so glad you came to watch us practice!" he shoved Jin out of the way with his hip and led you into the dance room, just as bright and bubbly as before. You were moved to see that they'd even brought in a chair for you.

Everyone filed in afterward with Suga dragging at the end with an outfit made entirely in black. You sat down and smiled, excited.

All at once, they turned to you and bowed, smiles wide. You tilted your head and waited, surprised at the chorus of pleasant wishes sent your way. At this rate, how couldn't your heart begin to melt?

"Please enjoy!"

-

Hello I'm not dead! I hope this chapter was okay ... ive been in uni classes for the past few days ;-;

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU ALL COULD READ AND EITHER HELP ME WITH MY PROJECT DIRECTLY OR EVEN DOING SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS SPREADING THE WORD COULD CHANGE MY WORLD! PLEASE READ THE A/N BEFORE THIS CHAPTER! THANK YOU!

-

Bias Wrecker: You Choose