(6) 작업량

"Don't forget to refile all the new documents with the fresh labels."

You nodded.

"And alphabetize the employee manuscript."

Your knees bent as another pile of paperwork was dropped onto your already tall stack of folders but kept your pace steady behind Mrs. Sung while she listed out your day's work. In your back pocket, your phone vibrated again, but you ignored it and kept your attention forward.

"I think that's all," she said with a sigh, as though it wasn't much. Slightly annoyed with her perception, you forced a smile and assured her one last time that you'd do fine before she stepped out of the giant office and left you to your own, closing the door behind her which made your name tag shake. On the door, it read (L/n), (Y/n) but since you insisted on everyone using your first name to avoid confusion, they'd fixed all your personal belongings to read just as you asked... all except for the door's tag.

With a heavy grunt, you dumped all the sheets onto your small desk and sat down, pulling out your phone that now had 17 unread messages.

(Jungkook @ 13:19): Suga-Hyung refuses to get out of bed.

(RapMon @ 13:20): He's gotta be tired.

(V @ 13:22): Like a true rock ㅋㅋㅋ

You smiled and hurried to type a response.

(You @ 13:23): It's 1PM, how can he still be in bed??

(Suga @ 13:23): Everyone be quiet.

(J-Hope @ 13:24): HE'S ALIVE!

(V @ 13:26): ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

And that's how it had been since early that morning: nonstop texts that, for some reason, you couldn't stop replying to. It all started with last night, each member introducing themselves via cell phone so you could identify who was talking and now it seemed to be a never ending conversation that had trapped you before you could realize.

They were just so damn entertaining that it made the moments where you wanted to throw all your work into the nearest garbage somehow, manageable.

Of course, no one knew that you were now slightly in the inner circle of BTS.

BUZZ.

(RapMon @ 13:36): Wait, (Y/n), you're working right now.

(Jin @ 13:39): We shouldn't be bothering her during her work hours.

The stack of papers on the desk suddenly seemed to loom over you, causing a frown to appear. It was, just by estimation, three hours worth of time to finish it all and as much as you enjoyed doing your best, it didn't seem too appealing to go at it alone.

(You @ 13:44): I don't mind, I'd rather be with company while I go at it.

(J-Hope @ 13:46): If you're sure, then why don't we call you? That way you can keep your hands free?

(Jungkook @ 13:47): That's actually a good idea, Hoseok-Hyung.

You smiled. While the eight of you went back and forth between texting in Korean and English, it was cute to see their considerate nature shine through, each time seeming more and more genuine than the last. You tried not to let it get to you, but it was so nice for them to care about such little things, even after only meeting them yesterday. That little fact, however, made you pretty skeptical.

A shadow passed by your door and you jumped, shoving the phone away and instantly pretending to be totally immersed in your work. The footsteps came closer and closer, stopped for a moment and stayed still before they eventually continued on their way and passed again, unaware of how relieved you were when they did.