(8) 붉어지다

It was inexplicable. The timed movements and synced rhythms... your heart thumped with the beat and eventually so did your feet, smile mimicking their own with whatever silly trick V, J-Hope or Jungkook pulled. Even when RM bumped into Jungkook at the end and nearly ruined the entire routine, you couldn't help but burst into a strange combination of clapping and laughter, forgetting entirely that you were with a famous boy group and not a bunch of best friends.

You stood and kept clapping, unfazed by the arm J-Hope slung over your shoulder so he could laugh with you.

"Did you enjoy that?" V asked as he continued to ride Jungkook's back, nearly falling off twice already, "We can dance another song if you want!"

You grinned. The energy was bouncing right off to you.

"I'd love to see another—"

You paused as your stomach answered for you. Slowly after, the laughter died out and you felt your face begin to burn, lips pursing as the realization hit every member one by one.

In disbelief, Jimin shoved a finger in V's face. "You didn't get her food?!"

"Namjoon-Hyung only told me to pick her up!" V raised his hands to defend himself, panicking. Jungkook was at a loss and you buried your face into your hands. J-Hope, rushing into action, scurried to find a granola bar he claimed to have somewhere. Jin held onto Rap Monster, sighing as the leader groaned at how he thought he could trust V to do a job correctly. Luckily, Suga thought of a solution rather quickly.

"Why don't we order her takeout?" he proposed with a lazy shrug. Although he tried to act as though he wasn't too concerned, he'd hoped you would be able to stay and watch another dance practice, but you couldn't very well do that on an empty stomach. Your smile was something he wanted to cause again.

Jin clapped his hands and pulled out a menu from his pocket. You questioned why he was carrying it with him in the first place but no one else seemed to find it odd.

"Let's get her something that's nearby then," the oldest suggested. RM nodded in agreement and you stepped over to help them decide what you wanted. From what you were overhearing, it sounded like they were ordering for themselves more than for you, and that made you chuckle.

V pointed in awe at the giant plate of steamed vegetables and you tried to squeeze between the members without being a bother. "Why won't we order something for all of us?"

Jimin quickly moved out of the way to give you room and J-Hope held the phone up, waiting for confirmation from RM before he hit dial. The leader nodded and the boys immediately shuffled to start giving Hoseok their orders, burying him underneath a dog-pile that grew without warning. You watched, uncertain if you should intervene but the moment you heard the woman on the phone answer, you jumped to take the phone from J-Hope's outstretched hand and began to make the orders yourself, remembering precisely what each member wanted. You walked around the practice room as you spoke in Korean, unaware of the fact that you were twirling your hair around your finger and oblivious to the stares the boys were sending your way.

Jin and RM were incredibly impressed at how you took charge so quickly and as Suga and V were trying desperately not to stare at how your legs moved with every step, Jungkook, Jimin and J-Hope were frozen in place on top of one another, unable to look away from how the bright lights made your lips shine a glossy pink. They all at once swallowed thickly.

It was fairly obvious to each of them that you were, in all aspects, gorgeous.

You turned to ask the boys if they wanted to add anything else and raised a brow at their sudden silence and paused movements. They stared back, still at a loss for words. It clicked within them a second later that they should respond before creeping you out and Jungkook quickly raised a finger to do so.

"S-Some noodles!" Jungkook quickly added to avoid suspicion. For a moment, you questioned why V's cheeks were turning a bright red but shrugged and asked the woman for an extra plate of noodles, not hearing Jin sigh in relief. They could always count on the Golden Maknae.

"Kamsahamnida!" You chirped before hanging up, content with how simple the conversation had been. J-Hope smiled fondly at how polite you were and his smile grew even wider when you walked over to hand back the phone. RM noticed the other members watching you carefully and already knew that a meeting would have to be held; if all of them were falling for you, there wouldn't be an easy agreement to come to. Tension between the group wasn't going to be something that'd be easily overlooked.

Thinking ahead without paying much attention to the expressions the boys were making, you crossed your arms and raised your hand, pointing at the ceiling as you spoke. "I don't think it would be very smart to have you guys dance right before the food gets here, so is there something else you guys have in mind that we can do instead?"

Jimin, trying to untangle himself from Jungkook's legs much like his headphones tangled itself in his pocket, found your concern adorable.

"We can use that game that we didn't play in the last Run episode," he suggested, letting his head rest on his hand as he watched you, "Its in the closet behind Suga."

"Oh," Suga turned and pulled open the door, taking out a small box that didn't seem to weigh much, "You mean this one?"

Curious, you stepped over towards Suga, trying to recall what Run episodes were. If you were remembering correctly, they were the online episodes the group recorded to entertain ARMY's, but you were yet to watch any. From what you heard back at the office, they were pretty funny. The game now in Jin's hands, you noticed, seemed fun, more or less. As you peeked over V's shoulder to read the title better, you saw headbands and a thick stack of cards.

"Okay, then lets' go!" J-Hope shouted, snatching the box and pulling out all the parts. Without warning, he started to snap on the headbands around everyone's forehead, making sure to pull back some good ways to make sure it hurt when it snapped back. Everyone complained and tried to swing at him, but J-Hope was too quick. When he finally reached you, you shut your eyes and waited for the sting against above your brows, but it never came. Instead, J-Hope pushed away the hair that was in the way and gently strapped on the band, flashing you a wide smile when you opened an eye at the change in his actions. Your face flushed and you glanced away.

It was weird, the odd and new feeling that made his stomach turn. This was different for Jungkook. He somehow felt obliged to look down at his hands, clasping them together tightly as he stood in his place. He wasn't keen about how J-Hope made you blush, it made him squirm. He should be able to do the same, right? Your reaction alone gave him a need to do so. He just had to do the same.

"So, the rules are, you have to guess what your card says as the others try to tell you using charades only," Jimin read aloud the instructions, waving around the box, "So Jin-Hyung will start."

Jungkook blinked and looked up, shaking off the uncomfortable feeling. It was jealousy, but he didn't want to acknowledge it.

You turned to Jin and read the word on his forehead. Rollercoaster.

Well, that would be fun to act out.

-

So I guess I'm NOT done with this story? Happy New Years~!  

-

Bias Wrecker: You Choose