[14] 아침 식사

Your breath hitched, and as your head turned to the left to see who was looking over your shoulder, phone snatched out of your hand to your right. Tae brought the screen closer to his nose as he read through the continuing incoming responses, you could tell by the consistent buzzes. You really could not tell if he was amused and you twisted your hands underneath the table nervously. It hurt your heart, thinking that he might feel as though you were just paparazzi. After a few more painful seconds of silence, he put your phone facedown on the table in front of you, caressed your chin for a quick moment with a sweet smile and slid back into his seat in the booth. You waited for him to speak first, yet he didn't.

"...Taehyung...?"

Taehyung glanced up at you as he skimmed through the menu, unperturbed. "Yes, jagiya?"

Your eyes went wide and he chuckled, putting the menu down to lean over and tap your nose.

"Have you looked at what you want?" he asked you kindly, so kindly that you knew he wasn't upset. You let yourself smile and shook your head. Throughout the restaurant, there was some soft music playing and you felt incredibly comfortable.

"No--"

"Because you were sending pictures of me to the group," he suddenly cut you off with a pout. You blinked at the sudden change of demeanor and found it incredibly cute that he was now pouting and had his arms crossed. However, you also felt a bit skeptical buying into his aegiyo since you weren't sure if this was Tae or if this was V. Taehyung was down to Earth, sweet and humble. V was a cute, childish idol. Both were the same person but sometimes one took over more than the other, and right now, you wanted to have breakfast with Taehyung. Granted that was because having breakfast with an idol would be a death sentence, but still. So, in an effort to bring him back down, you decided to avoid his charms altogether... idols hated being ignored.

"Yeah, I wanted to talk with the guys," you told him simply, picking up the menu. You noted his eyebrows raise and kept your eyes on the pages. They had salads, and some soups, they had some sweet barbecue breakfast and I noted some American eggs and bacon--

Taehyung abruptly yanked the menu out of your hands and ducked his head to meet your gaze. You caught sight of how hurt he was that you were brushing him off and hid a grin. Instead, you presented a look of confusion, opening your hands to him. This made his eyes light up and when he went to hold your hands, you took the moment to take back what he'd taken from you. A little game of cat and mouse.

"Actually, I wanted the menu back," you said with a smile. Taehyung's pout transformed into smirk and he laced his fingers with yours, keeping the menu in your sight but still set on holding your hand. You knew your cheeks were turning pink and it was just your luck that the waitress came right back when the redness was at its peak. Following your stroke of luck, she chose to ignore you and looked at Taehyung to take his order before yours. Now your face flushed with slight embarrassment. He was so handsome that even dressed down, in his all natural complexion, women forgot their manners and chose to shoot their shot, regardless of the date was clearly going on.

Wait. Date?

"She'll order first," Taehyung told the waitress simply, lifting your interlocked hands to further emphasize his point. The waitress stuttered out an apology and turned to you half-heartedly.

"I'll have (f/breakfastfood)," you said, not truly paying attention anymore. She asked you something else. You nodded, saying yes to whatever side dish she'd offered. Taehyung ordered after you while your mind swam with the endless thoughts that were beginning to drown out any and all other sounds. This was not a date. It was a fake date, a friendly outing. Not a date. A date would be bad-- it would be terrible, actually, because if anyone found out then you'd be screwed. If it got out that you were close with an idol, you'd be cornered at work. It was in your contract to basically leave them alone. In fine print, but you were known to read the fine print.