Sneaky Bitches, Get Stitches

Monica

"I hate chocolate chip." Miracle said laying cookie dough onto a pan.

"Girl its the best." I told her and laughed.

We were currently baking cookies in the kitchen. I saw Queen coming down the stairs.

"Nobody told me we were baking cookies." She said walking into the kitchen.

"Yea because we didn't invite you to join." Miracle said placing the pan into the oven.

Queen rolled her eyes and took a seat at the island.

"So Mo-"

"Queen don't talk to me. I haven't spoken to you in three days what makes you think I'll talk to you today?"

"Are you still mad?"

"No I'm not mad. I'm pissed off! I love you Queen, but I don't like your ungrateful ass." I told her feeling the anger all over again.

Every since she told me the truth I have been scared to death to leave my own front yard. King is in jail. For thirty-five years but I still feel as though he has an eye on me. Paranoid is the word.

"Mo come on. I'm sorry." Queen pleaded.

I held up my hand. "I'm not fucking with you anymore. Two days until graduation and you are out of my house."

Her mouth dropped. "So you're kicking me out?"

"You're eighteen. Acting thirty. You're grown enough to get out."

"But-"

"But nothing Queen. I'm done with you."

Just then the doorbell rung. I wiped my hands on my apron and proceeded to the door.

"Who is it?" I asked before opening.

"Your BFF."

I opened to see Morgan.

"Heyyyy." I gave her a big hug.

"Hey hun." She hugged back.

"I didn't expect you to be here until tomorrow."

"Yea but I caught an early flight." She said walking into the house.

"Aunt Morgan." Miracle ran and hugged Morg.

"Hey sweetie. Now where is the Queen?"

"Right here." Queen shyly smiled. They shared hugs.

I grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses.

"Queen and Miracle finish baking the cookies while Morg and I catch up."

"Yes ma'am." They responded.

I opened the patio door and Morgan followed. We took a seat by the pool.

"How was the plane ride?" I asked pouring her a glass.

"Girl tiring. It was a newborn on board."

"Yikes."

"I know." Morgan took a sip.

"Soooo how's life?" Morgan asked.

I laughed and toyed with my earring. I was unsure of telling her what's been going on. "Umm. I have ups and downs here and there."

"Well who doesn't?"

"Right."

"Anyways. Since I'm only going to be here for two days how about we go clubbing?"