Reunited and It Feelz So Bad

Monica

"Miss me?"

I jumped back and slammed my back against the refrigerator. I was face to face with the devil himself, King.

I swallowed hard feeling my heart in my toes. The palms of my hands were sweating bullets and I felt as though I was about to die in this moment.

"What's wrong baby?" King lit a cigar and leaned against the island puffing smoke. "Looks like you're scared over there." He chuckled.

I didn't say anything just continued to shake. I have to admit I was scared as hell. He caught me by surprise. This man that was suppose to be still in prison is standing in my kitchen smoking a cigar like this is normal.

"You scared huh?" King sneered and exhaled.

"No." I said lying.

"You should be." He gave me a cold look.

"Get out of my house." I said staring at him.

"Damn. You ain't seen me in twelve years and that's how you greet me?"

"Get out." I spoke through clenched teeth.

As he moved closer to me I tried to make a run for the stairs but King snatched me by my hair and dragged me back.

He picked my 141 pound body up and slammed me on top of the counter. He grabbed my arms and pinned them over my head.

"You thought you was slick huh?" He said.

"Mama? What's all that noise down there?" I heard Miracle's voice from upstairs.

"I dropped something. Go back to bed baby." My voice rang with fear.

I heard her bedroom door close. I did a little sigh of relief. Who knows what she would have thought seeing me pinned down by a man she doesn't even know.

"King get the fuck out before I call the police and have your ignorant ass back in jail for trespassing."

He pulled about a pistol and put it to my head. "Choose your words wisely Mo. I'm already fed up with the bullshit I heard while in prison. You been mistreating my daughters, having other men around them-"

"That's a got damn lie!" I yelled.

He pressed the gun into my skull harder. "Shut the hell Monica. All I'm saying is watch what you say because I can end your life right here right now by pulling this trigger."

"You won't." I said looking into his eyes.

"I will." He took the gun off safety and put a serious look on his face.

"Do it."
*

*

*

Morning

"Ma!"

My eyes slowly opened. Miracle and Queen were staring at me with tears in there eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"We thought you were dead." They helped me up and that's when I realize I was on the kitchen floor. There was a puddle of blood on the ground.

"Mo come on. I'm driving you to the hospital."Q grabbed her car keys and grabbed my hand.

"No. I think I'll be fine."

"Ma no. Come on."

I didn't bother arguing with her because I indeed felt sick and I lost a lot of blood. I could die from blood loss any minute.