Blood Ain't Thicker Than Water

(Rosetta)

Monica

The sound of my loud doorbell caused me to pause my cooking. I dried my hands and walked over to the door opening it.

There stood King, Rosetta, and the girls.

I moved to the side to let the girls in the house.

"Thanks for bringing them back." I said about to shut the door.

"Hold on a sec. I thought I would let you know that Rosetta and I are buying a house here in Texas." King informed me while grinning.

"Okay?"

"And Miracle is going to live with me."

"Live? That's a no."

"I wasn't asking. I was telling you. This isn't up for discussion. She needs to have all her stuff packed by the end of this week."

"You're unfit King. And I don't want Miracle around another female that I barely know." I sized up Rosetta. Something is off about her. I don't believe that she worked in the prison.

"Mo I assure you that I will love Miracle like she's my own." Rosetta smiled.

I rolled my eyes sighing. "Bitch please." I mumbled under my breath.

"Like I said. Miracle is living with me. Come on baby." King grabbed Rosetta's hand and they walked off the steps of my house and got into the car.

I slammed my door shut sighing. Everything is happening so quickly and it's nerve wrecking. King thinks he can just come back, take miracle, and life happily ever after. He's the selfish one.

"How was it being with your dad?" I asked Miracle as she sat at the island eating a bowl of fruit.

"It was okay. He seems like a cool person so far."

I nodded slowly while opening the fridge.

"But his new girlfriend..." she trailed off.

"What about her?" I turned and looked at her to see an uneasy look on her face.

"She isn't the nicest."

"Did she say something to you!?" I said slamming my water bottle on the counter. "Oooo if that bitch said something-"

"No mama. She just isn't friendly. That's all." She toyed with her fingers.

"Do I need-"

Miracle giggled. "No mama. You don't need to do anything."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." She smiled hopping off the stool and jogging upstairs.

A couple minutes later Queen came down.

"What's on the menu for dinner?"

"Uh Parmesan chicken and cheese spaghetti."

"Mmm." Queen said hopping on the counter with her phone in her hands.