The Replacement

Monica

It was three in the afternoon and we were all out to eat to celebrate with Queen. She picked a fancy elegant restaurant like I knew she would.

As I approached the table I wasn't to happy about the seating arrangement. It was only one seat left and it was in front of King.

I sighed sitting down slowly. I picked up my menu and put it in front of my face.

"Hey Mo." Morgan spoke from the end of the table.

I don't associate with the fake so I played it cool with a small fake smile. I am going to try and be on my best behavior. I have grown and matured over the years and I won't let these immature bitches get to me, not even King.

"Hello Monica. How are you today?" Dorian winked sipping her drink.

"Fine." I answered dryly.

"What happened right there?" She pointed to my stitches.

"I'm sorry when did you become concerned?"I questioned

"Oh please. Can't we just put our differences aside for one night?"

I rolled my eyes and focused back on my menu. The tension was so thick and you could tell.

Queen cleared her throat. "So uh, dad, do you think you and Mo could rekindle old flames?"

I shot Q a crazy ass look. She is out her mind if she thinks King and I will ever be together again.

"Nah. Mo and I are over with. We will never be a thing. Especially since you told me what she's been doing to you and your sister." King said.

I slammed my menu down on the table fed up. "I haven't done shit to them except be a mother and love them!"

Queen sighed. "Dad she's right. I was highly upset and lied to you. All of those things I said were untrue." Q admitted.

King chuckled and nodded slowly. "Is that right?" King took a sip of his drink. "Well that didn't change shit. She still made the choice to take y'all away."

"It was the best thing to do!" I yelled frustrated. "There was nothing for us in crazy ass Chicago."

"I don't want to hear that Monica. There are multiple reasons for me hating you. That's just one of them."

"And there are plenty of reasons for me hating you, but do you see me plotting my revenge? Hell no!"

"Okay can we stop the drama. This is suppose to be a dinner celebrating Q." Morgan stopped us from our bickering.

I agreed and picked my menu back up. I was heated and frustrated and also ready to go home.

The waitress finally came to our table.

"Sorry for the wait. Are you guys ready to order?" She smiled and stood with her hands behind her back.

"Nah we're waiting for someone." King said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him confused as to who we were waiting on.

"Oh there she is right there." King spoke looking over my shoulder.

I turned around slowly and saw a tall female. She looked like a mixture of Chinese and Mexican. The ends of her hair were a bright color of blue and she wore a big smile on her face as she headed over to our table.

"Sorry I'm late. It was hard to find this place. I'm not use to this area." The girl said as King pulled up a chair for her. She sat next to King.