1

Soooooo guys... I decided to write another story with the involvement of Trey Songz. Remember this all is JUST FICTION. But anyways.. I want this to be better than my last and more consistent. So I'd appreciate comments and every piece of feedback to help me become a better writer.

-XO

"Adventure must start with running away from home."

- William Bolitho

LaToya' s POV.

"Tori, you need any help bringing the rest of them bags up?" My mother asked me.

"I think I got it, but thanks ma." I replied.

I hadn't seen my ma in months, literally. I lived with my dad, but I was growing tired of him and needed a break, plus I missed my ma. She raised me until I was fifteen, when I moved. I wanted to be closer to my dad, and she respected it. I honestly wish I never would've left, all my friends were here and I never did shit being with my dad because he was so strict.

I was seventeen, after the summer I'd be a senior. I couldn't wait to be on my own. My mom was annoying too sometimes, but not that strict. She was nicer and more understanding. I set everything down in my room and headed back downstairs to give her company. We'd been unloading everything out of my car for about an hour.

She was leaning against the side of the wall, looking at a picture of me and my father when i was a baby. I knew she missed him sometimes. My father broke my mother's heart when he cheated. I broke hers when I left to live with him, and it hurt to think that. I don't think she'd ever be the same. So fragile and sweet. She'd lost so much weight since I moved. She was just a chocolate skin woman with a soft face, and dark brown eyes. Just looking at her you'd understand she was the type to cry a lot. She wore so much makeup to cover the bags under her eyes.

 She wore so much makeup to cover the bags under her eyes

(Face of LaToya's mother).

"Ma, you okay?" i approached her.

"Yeah sweetheart I'm fine." She turned around with a huge smile on her face. "Just happy to have you home with me for the summer."

I smiled and gave her a hug. "Me too."

"So, what do you have planned for today?" She asked me.

"I don't know really. I think I'll take a walk around the neighborhood, It has been awhile."

"Yeah it has." She agreed. "Be safe and watch your surroundings, just knock on the door when you get back. I'll have to get a key made for you." She explained.

I walked out of the house with a red T-shirt on and shorts. I had some red sandals to go with it. My hair was straightened and I knew the heat was going to sweat it out eventually, but i really didn't mind.

 My hair was straightened and I knew the heat was going to sweat it out eventually, but i really didn't mind

(What LaToya has on).

I loved San Francisco and missed the weather. In Seattle with my dad, all you got was the rain. i peered from house to house, noticing new neighbors. Guess a lot changes in two years. i hadn't seen my mom since I moved because well.... I felt bad. For leaving how I did. My dad forced me down here because he told me there was only so much pain she could take, and for me to rekindle bonds.

I was a sweet girl, and kind, just like my mother. But I took after my father's mentality. I didn't care about a lot. In fact it took a lot to make someone like me care. I think it's cause I been through so much with the divorce that I turned off my emotions.

My thoughts faded when I noticed a car slowly roll up the street. The windows were faded so I couldn't see who was inside. I looked back once they passed and noticed they pulled into the house right beside my mom's. I watched as the car gently rolled into the garage. I was reassured to know it wasn't just some random person hunting people in the neighborhood down. Whoever it was, drove hella a car. A nice black BMW with black rims.

After walking through the small neighborhood of huge houses, I decided to head back. My dad was a neurosurgeon, so when he and my mom were together they bought this house. My ma was a pharmacist so she had money too. Most of the houses in here were four stories, the rest three.

I knocked on the door, waiting for my ma to answer it. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep in a bed.

Next door, the front door opened and I saw a boy looking my age walk down the steps to reach his mail box. He turned to face my direction, giving me a quick glance with a straight face. He didn't smile or introduce himself, and for some reason it offended me.

He wore this burgundy jersey, with chains around his neck. I don't think I'd ever seen someone so damn fine in my life.

(What the boy is wearing)

(His house)

(His house)

My mother finally opened the door, swiftly diverting my attention to coming inside. I gave her a small smile, scooting past her.

"I saw you." She stated.

"Huh?" I replied.

"Staring at him. That boy next door. Same grade in school as you ya know." She laughed.

"You know him?" I asked her.

"I do.... His mother and I are friends. They moved in here shortly after you moved. I want you to stay away from him." She added.

"You act like I want him mom.." I rolled my eyes.

"I just want to make it clear that you know he's bad news." She defended herself.

"And how would you know all this?"

"I just told you his mother and I were friends. Now get some rest, you look worn out." She stated.

"Yeah, I am. I'm going to go take a nap. See ya when I wake up."

She nodded, taking a sip of coffee in the mug she always had in one hand.