"If it's still in your mind it is worth taking the risk."

- Paulo Coelho

LaToya's POV.

Here I was, knocking on the door to Trey's younger sister, Amanda's house. After a few moment, the door opened and she smiled.

"I had a feeling you'd show back up." She told me.

"I'm sorry i just have a few questions if you don't mind?"

"Come in, my dad wont be home for a couple more hours." She assured me.

Her house was lovely, pictures everywhere on the wall. It was a nice two story house.

"You're curious about my brother aren't you?" She took a seat at her kitchen table and i quickly joined her.

"It's just, he mentioned your safety and I can't help but be confused." I explained.

"Listen to me. My brother is the biggest drug dealer in San Francisco. One of the biggest in California. On top of that, all his friends apart of gangs. They rob people, they kill people. I used to live with him, we moved from New York. Trey used to smoke sometimes but, he was never in any gangs. When he moved here, he changed fast. Had to be because of the people he hung around. His mother and my father got separated a year after we moved out here, Trey and his mother moved there. We have the same dad, but my mother died when I was four. I never had a close relationship with Trey's mom. When he moved, it got worse. He'd come see me all the time, then he just stopped. He came by one day and said he had a lot going on and he wanted me safe, and out of it. I think people were looking for him, trying to hurt him. They be in trouble. You can't change him, if that's what you think is possible. But you can stay away. I love him, so much. But he's gotten so far into this that there is nothing you can do to get him out. I don't even think he could get out of the gang if he wanted to. He on people kill list. That's why he got mad  when I figured out where he stayed at. JD probably dead by now." She stated.

"JD?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes, one of his close friends." She sighed. "He doesn't play about anything, you do him wrong or cross him, that's your life."

I nodded. "I understand. Thank you for telling me this Amanda."

"I never got your name." She replied.

"LaToya, just call me Tori." I told her and she smiled.

"Maybe he'll change for you. I couldn't ever see him doing it but, you're his neighbor and look at you. You're so pretty."

I laughed and thanked her.

"Well i'll come see you since he won't." I promised her and she said okay.

"Let me go though, get on with the rest of my day." I told her.

"Of course." She stood up and walked me to the door.

•••
The whole car ride I was shocked. How could someone living so nicely be involved in those things?

I got back home and my mother was into a TV show.

"Heyyy honey." She greeted me and I set my purse down.

"Tell me what's up with the boy next door." I spat.

"Excuse me?" She played dumb and I crossed my arms.

"Look, his mom just tells me he's sneaky and up to trouble. I mean that's all I need to hear to know I don't want you around him."

I sucked my teeth. "No, I just wish you would've made that more clear before. I'm going upstairs." I said disgusted.

I was hating it here already. I came for a positive outcome and come to find out I've been around this drug dealer since I moved in town. But I was done with seeing him, him and that sister of his. For all I care, if I see them I'll play dumb.

I heard commotion outside my window and opened the shade to see Trey, outside pushing someone to the ground.

Oh God. They were fighting and Trey had a gun pointed to him. He could go to jail!

I rushed downstairs, my mom called my name but I completely ignored her. I slammed the door behind me and ran across the grass.

"Trey!" I called him and he ignored me.

"Get yo ass up and get in my car, now." I heard him yell to the guy on the ground.

Reluctantly, the man listened, taking a look at me.

Trey glared and got into his car, starting it off and speeding off.

And there was my proof. That had to be JD, and Trey was going to kill him.