Chapter 6

I was woken up. The sun was shining like her perfect smile. The birds were singing like her melodic voice. The morning was good like her heart. And it was a /good morning because I saw her the day before.

"Good morning, smiley,"Auli laughed. "Now what has you showing off those rows of teeth. A certain red head?"

"Why are you here,"I groaned into my pillow as she opened the blinds.

"My apologies. I wanted to make sure you look okay for your interviews with the girls. Your suit is in the closet. What kind of look are we going for your hair today. The gelled back look. Or the 'I wanna run my hands through it' look?" Auli asked.

"The second one," I answered.

"Good choice. You always want the ladies to drool over something they can't have."

"A perk of being the first ever prince of Illea," I agreed.

Auli wondered into the bathroom as I rolled out of bed and into my closet. I changed into my suit and Auli came and brushed threw my hair just to mess it up casually. I didn't get it, but she says it's a great look.

She patted my back and stepped away. "Go woo those girls with your looks."

I saluted jokingly and made my way downstairs. My mom met me down at the doors, fidgeting a bit.

"Is the queen of Illea fidgeting over a bunch of teenagers?" I teased.

She slapped my arm. "I'm allowed to be nervous. One of those girls in there is the future queen of Illea! Take this seriously, Maxon."

I nodded and pushed open the doors. Every girl stood at attention. Hair was flipped over shoulders. Dresses were adjusted. Posture was fixed. Smiles were placed. Until almost all of them looked the same. Like wannabe queens. Only a couple stayed the same.

I waved and went to sit in one of the three Comfy looking chairs set up. My mom would do the talking. No one care for what I had to say. I prefer it that way though. My mom did her whole speech thing before coming to sit in the comfy chair by mine. The first girl came up. She was an energetic little fire  ball with bouncing curls of blonde hair. By first looks she would be good at fund raising and benefits. And she hasn't even said a word.

My mom noticed this too because she raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow.

"Hi!" She greeted. "I'm Marlee Tames."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Marlee," My mom smiled kindly. "Ow was your first night at the palace.

"It was amazing. My maids are so nice and..." she babbled energetically.

"That is great," I commented politely. "What are you looking forward to during your stay at the palace?"

"I'm very excited to learn about history and etiquette. It'll be so much phone!"

"That's lovely. What do you plan to do when your not taking lesson?" My mom pondered.

"Id like to get to know the other contestants," Marlee chirped.

"That's nice dear," My mom nodded to me.

I stood and grabbed Marlee's hand, placing a kiss to the top. "It was lovely meeting you. Do me the honors of sending up the next contestant."'