Chapter 9

"Hello dears!" Miss Silvia exclaimed as she entered the room. "It's so lovely to see you all!"

I shared a look with Marlee than Kriss. No one could ever understand why Miss Silvia would be happy right now? It probably had something to do with all of our fear and pain. I'm pretty sure the shaking of us in our heels was making her smile.

Your probably wondering why we are all scared?

People have been kicked out for bad first impressions. And people had left because of the dining room rebel attack. But today was the first real test. We were being tested on grace, and balance, and like dancing or something. There definition of a queen is actually pretty hypocritical. A queen has to be able to fight like a warrior but than dance with the grace of a swan. I know. Pretty impossible if you ask me.

"All of you are probably graceful," Ms. Silvia began. I shuffled my foot to the side and it chose that exact moment to trip over my dress. I ended up falling to the floor.

"Except Lady America apparently," Silvia continued as I stood back up. "But there is a certain level of grace you must attain to be a queen. You all May me able to stand on a flat surface" a couple eyes turned to me. "But you all slouch from time to time. But a queen most sit, stand, dance, and even sleep with impeccable grace and posture."

"It isn't that you can't be clumsy," Miss Silvia winked at me. "You must be gracefully clumsy."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Maxon chuckling from where he was sitting on the side of the room. Than Queen Amberley shushed him and I smiled. Serves him right.

"So..." Silvia smiled, producing a book from behind her back. I noticed a bunch of maids coming in holding stacks of books too. "I know the whole book thing is cliché, but it's a cliché fur a reason."

Silvia, who was already standing straight, placed  the book on her head and began to walk around. The book didn't slip an inch. There was a tap on my shoulder and a maid handed me a book. I looked around. People were tucking them against their pony tails and buns. I wouldn't do that. My hair was up in a fancy ponytail but I didn't want to cheat. I pulled out the hair elastic and my hair fell against my back in waves.

I set the book on my head and it slipped off at first. I frowned and picked it up off the ground. This time I squared my shoulders and lifted by chin before setting it strategically where my head was most flat. It stayed and I began to take slow and steady steps. The book wobbled but luckily didn't fall.

After we did that for a while (my book only slipping once) Silvia addressed us again.

Some guards began filing in behind Silvia and she smiled. "The next part is tricky and I do not expect many of you to be able to do this. You are going to be dancing while balancing the book on your head. Guards team up with a girl."

Guards walked up to a girl, mix matching as to choose who they thought was cutest. Marlee got paired with a cute guard named Officer Woodwork. But me and Kriss, being on the end, didn't get a guard.

"Oh," Silvia sighed. "Were a couple guards short. You by the door!" The guard who was standing by the door stood at attention. "You he with Lady Kriss." Silvia pursed her lips and looked around the room as if another guard would just magically pop out. Than her eyes zeroed in on something. "Prince Maxon, come dance with Lady America!"